Tv screen mirroring

harrywpb

I mirror my iPhone and iPad to my tv at home. Does this work on the Ship in this case the Reflection and if so please explain how to do it there. My home tv is recognized but I’m not sure the Ships tv will be. 
Thanks in advance 

Harry

In 2016, I mirrored our iPad on an Eclipse stateroom TV but I brought my Apple TV to do it.  The stateroom television had an HDMI port that I was able to connect it to and I was able to select the correct input on the television.  

IMG_5516.thumb.jpg.16302ca1040a0354d1a657ef017bbc57.jpg

IMG_5518.thumb.JPG.760c29d3aa2a36d3f5dd90d1cf933f6a.JPG

Thanks Mahdnc

i too used to attach an hdmi cable and was able connect my iPhone via an hdmi lightning cable however the last few years I wasn’t able to get to it in order to attach it. Hopefully I’ll get an IT person to assist when I get on board Saturday. I’ll be on the Reflection and do not think they’ve upgraded too much yet as they haven’t gone through a renovation. 

Harry

For those still trying to use an HDMI cable ...

Many cabins have screens mounted so tightly to the wall that even if you can get your fingers smart enough to make the connection blind, there's no room for the connector.  For that, they do make HDMI cables with 90 degree connectors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LM2TQPK

• Like 1

You then have to be able to switch the TV to the HDMI Port you're using. They don't provide the original TV Remotes and the one's they provide may not have the input selection option or setup options. I know I've read in the past that some folks bring a universal remote and then are able to manage the settings. 

11 minutes ago, HBDave said:

You then have to be able to switch the TV to the HDMI Port you're using. They don't provide the original TV Remotes and the one's they provide may not have the input selection option or setup options. I know I've read in the past that some folks bring a universal remote and then are able to manage the settings. 

On the newer installs, it hasn't been necessary to bring a standard Samsung or a universal remote to get them out of "hotel mode" as we once had to do.  Thankfully, it's a lot easier than it was 'back in the day'.  There are a couple of threads here, though a few months old, that explain the new procedure.  It's how people are bring Roku and other dongles into play on their cabin monitors.  If you search for Roku in the Celebrity threads, you'll turn up current information.