LIVE! - Carnival Legend Solo Bahamas - March 20, 2022 (The Sequel)

brilliantseas

8 hours ago, CRUZNQT said:

Thanks for posting this!  Will be on this ship in May and very interested in your thoughts.  How are the crowds?  Is anyone masking?

The best part about the Spirit class is the passenger space ratio, which is the most generous in the Carnival fleet. We sailed at 101% of double berth capacity (2,141/2,124) and it never felt crowded. 

Some of the comedy shows reach capacity, but this is standard with all of the Carnival ships. I never saw a show in the larger theater fill to capacity, and there were always plenty of chairs available on Lido, including on the Serenity Deck. When compared to the larger ships, the lines for the buffet, deli, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, etc. were very short. 

Overall, if you're looking for a ship with an uncrowded feel, I highly recommend the Legend or any of the Spirit class ships. 

Regarding masking, it is required for embarkation and debarkation, as well as tendering and when going through security on the gangway in ports. I would say compliance was above 90% for embarkation and debarkation and maybe 75% on the tenders and when in ports. On the ship, only about 5-10% of guests were wearing masks indoors.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, karriec said:

I agree that the Spirit class has great passenger to space ratio.  We recently sailed the Magic and could definitely feel the difference.  Still had a great cruise though.  🙂

How is the condition of the Magic these days? It has been on my radar for a fall sailing out of Norfolk. 

I have been looking forward the entertainment on my May 1st cruise. I have read multiple counts of how the productions shows are some of the best. And the trio players. But now they will all be gone for our cruise. I hope the replacements are just as good. 

Op thank you for taking the time to share this experience. Very thorough and I loved the pics. I was on Legend in November and I just booked another cruise on her. Its just such a comfortable ship. I think that cruises out of Baltimore have a unique and very distinct community feel. Most likely because so many fellow passengers come from the North East and a lot of people drive.

This review made me even more excited for my next Legend cruise.

Ty Op

So sorry to hear your comments on MDR service. Our last cruise was on Legend in April, 2019, Honolulu to Vancouver and the service in MDR was probably the worst we have experienced in 20 plus cruises. We have always tipped extra to our waitstaff on the last evening and that time the tip envelopes stayed right in our purses. Very sad because the dining room experience has always been a highlight for us. We will be back on Legend in October and will be hoping for some improvement!

@brilliantseas finally had time to read through everything! Felt like I was there! Sailing her to Bermuda (hopefully) in October. Getting a little anxious about MDR wait times/service  because our party has grown from 2 adults and toddler to 5 adults and toddler! Wonder what takes longer to seatC party of 6 or 3?