Did The Getaway Divert ? - 3/19/22

TBurr

I am on the Anthem of the Seas and in following our position I see that the Getaway which was ahead of us on the way to New York is now behind us and it looks on Cruise mapper, that the Getaway diverted to Portsmouth and is now back at sea. Any idea if this is true and if so why?

13 minutes ago, TBurr said:

I am on the Anthem of the Seas and   <  snipped  >  see that the Getaway which was ahead of us on the way to New York is now behind us ... diverted ... is now back at sea.

True, apparently it's an unplanned, unscheduled stop to Norfolk, VA at this morning, docked there for 2 to 3 hours roughly ... no ideas what & why either.  Roll Call member on tomorrow's Getaway sailing noticed that & raised the question, but no response from anyone currently onboard yet.  Norfolk, VA isn't scheduled as a stop this week, next week (ours being later on.)  She was steaming out toward Chesapeake Bay Bridge at 17 knots late morning to resume her route, thus behind you folks on the AOS ... currently out of AIS land radar range, on-time/early arrival into NY being "indicated" still on Marinetraffic.  

Is she closing in toward your ship - visual ??  

It was an planned stopped at norfolk .this is the getaway current cruise:

New York City, New York (13 Mar d1500); Port Canaveral, Florida (15 Mar 1300-2100); Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas (16 Mar 1000-1800); Nassau, Bahamas (17 Mar 0700-1400); Norfolk, Virginia (19 Mar 0700-1300); New York City, New York (20 Mar a0700)

---

Next week Getaway itinerary:

Itinerary: New York City, New York (20 Mar d1500); Port Canaveral, Florida (22 Mar 1300-2100); Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas (23 Mar 1000-1800); Nassau, Bahamas (24 Mar 0700-1800); New York City, New York (27 Mar a0700)

• Thanks 2

I was on this cruise, It was a planned stop, originally scheduled for 7:00-13:00,  but changed to 7-11. It was for immigration purposes. We had to leave the ship, go through immigration which consisted of pretty low-tech facial recognition: immigration officials looking at your passport, looking at your face, saying OK and we were free to go back onboard. This was in lieu of customs & immigration in NYC.

• Like 1