Mariner Cabin #934

Just2guys

I looked on the Suite Guru thread regarding a review for this cabin but saw that it had not been reviewed.  Has anyone stayed in this cabin before and have any information about it?  

We have never been on the Mariner before and noticed when looking at the deck plan that the laundromat is across from the cabin.  There doesn't seem to an opening directly into it across from this cabin, but there is a little "quarter circle" mark on the wall across from this cabin on the deck plan and wonder if anyone knows what this might be indicative of....maybe a crew service area opening?

This cabin does have the shower only which, based on passed reviews, is better than the shower/tub combo so we are happy about that.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Don’t have information about the cabin, but the laundromat is actually located in the passage between the two hallways and does not face any cabins. We are on deck 9, I will try to remember to look at 934 when I walk by.

Hi BBWC, do you have any other updates from the Mariner? We board on April 10. Things like how’s the crew, restaurants, service etc. What are the current passenger counts? Any idea of how many for the next segment?  I was also wondering which cabins are blocked off for quarantine? (Hope we never need to use them 😀).  Many thanks 

1 hour ago, Sunprince said:

Hi BBWC, do you have any other updates from the Mariner? We board on April 10. Things like how’s the crew, restaurants, service etc. What are the current passenger counts? Any idea of how many for the next segment?  I was also wondering which cabins are blocked off for quarantine? (Hope we never need to use them 😀).  Many thanks 

We are still having a great time. Current passenger count is about 250, which almost seems crowded compared to the previous segment.😊 I have not heard about the April 10 cruise, but I suspect it is not much different. They still close one of the restaurants (Chartreuse, Prime 7, Sette Mari, Pool Grill) on a rotating basis every night.

Some of the crew transferred to the Voyager and they sent some home, but they are expected to return on April 10. Service continues to be great. 
i do not know about quarantine cabins. It seems that everyone who had to quarantine stayed in their own cabins (there is someone quarantined a few doors from us).

Expecting some wild weather in New Orleans as we leave. The picture below is what our balcony looked like when we came back to the cabin this afternoon. The table us in the cabin, the chairs in storage somewhere, I guess,

PS: Don’t know why it posted upside down.

,AE981EE8-625D-4765-A2C2-4C9B22DD2CE1.thumb.jpeg.4379318c22a7c71d30e568cfd0b856ef.jpeg

Batten down the hatches…looks like you are in for some bad weather. Here is an excerpt from the local news:

South Louisiana is preparing for severe weather into the evening today, and New Orleans is no exception.

Much of the region is currently under a tornado watch, which means all of the ingredients for a tornado are present.

The city is expecting to see the greatest impacts between 4 and 8 p.m., city spokesperson Beau Tidwell said at a Tuesday morning press conference.

The concern is chiefly around wind, hail and possible tornadoes, and less around flooding, Tidwell said. Neutral ground parking restrictions have not yet been lifted, but if conditions change, NOLAReady will issue an update

Maybe I'm missing something but I just looked at Mariner's deck plans on the Regent website and cabin 934 is nowhere near the laundry room. The "quarter circle" is likely a door to a crew stairwell or storage area, but probably not an issue but could be crew traffic moving around outside.  We were in 909 which also has a door across the hall and I can say I really don't remember any issue at all with it. But 934 looks like a great location.  Fairly midships with cabins above and below so should be quiet.  

As for the Laundromat, as mentioned it doesn't open into the main hall and is quiet anyway, you shouldn't hear it at all even if you were right across the hall.  

And the Shower only is a MUCH better option. We had a tub/shower combo on a 44 night cruise.  Not a big deal really EXCEPT the tub is raised a bit so it's a short  (I'm only 5'10") so if you are much over 6 feet you're going to have to duck to stand in the shower, and it's a big step over the edge of the tub.  People with any disability issues really struggle and some can't step over the edge, as well as if the ship is rolling at all, it's hard to stabilize yourself, so shower only is much more desirable and safe. 

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

As for the Laundromat, as mentioned it doesn't open into the main hall and is quiet anyway, you shouldn't hear it at all even if you were right across the hall.  

Glad to hear that, for my wife and I are booked in 919 on Mariner for a November, 2023 cruise.  Because my wife will require mobility transportation, I went with 919, but I didn't note the nearness of the laundrette when I selected the room.

19 hours ago, BBWC said:

Expecting some wild weather in New Orleans as we leave. The picture below is what our balcony looked like when we came back to the cabin this afternoon. The table us in the cabin, the chairs in storage somewhere, I guess,

PS: Don’t know why it posted upside down.

,AE981EE8-625D-4765-A2C2-4C9B22DD2CE1.thumb.jpeg.4379318c22a7c71d30e568cfd0b856ef.jpeg

I'm in AL and saw the storms there, and then the video of the ship with the tornado.  Everyone ok?  That looked terrifying! 

Everyone is ok. Apparently it just went behind the ship, but everyone got the tornado warning on their phone. The Captain mentioned in his noon announcement that we leaned to port a little, but otherwise he did not think it was a big deal.

21 hours ago, CDR Benson said:

Glad to hear that, for my wife and I are booked in 919 on Mariner for a November, 2023 cruise.  Because my wife will require mobility transportation, I went with 919, but I didn't note the nearness of the laundrette when I selected the room.

I don't think you'll have a problem at all.  As I remember the machines are pretty quiet. In fact I sat in there a few times waiting to shift laundry and not much of a noise issue (of course I flew jet airplanes for 38 years so that could explain it). 😜.   But look at the bright side...if you want to do laundry you can zip outside, load your laundry, head back for a toddy on the balcony.  🍸😎

Edited by papaflamingo

1 hour ago, papaflamingo said:

I don't think you'll have a problem at all.  As I remember the machines are pretty quiet. In fact I sat in there a few times waiting to shift laundry and not much of a noise issue (of course I flew jet airplanes for 38 years so that could explain it). 😜.   But look at the bright side...if you want to do laundry you can zip outside, load your laundry, head back for a toddy on the balcony.  🍸😎

Much obliged, sir.  Given that it's Regent. I didn't think noise from the laundrette would be an issue, but it's always nice to get info from someone who was there.

• Like 1