Inside information/crystal ball? Cruise with Confidence

54 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

I wonder, what does Royal have to lose in keeping it?  How many last minute cancellations do they see outside of Covid? 1-2% why not keep it going and have something that sets them apart

It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings if they did! Doesn't seem likely to me, but I would be delighted to be wrong. 😉

Speaking with staff on Allure a few weeks ago, they said each week they are provided numbers for next sailing, and when the next sailing hits the actual number was running about 300 lesser.  

Those 300 are mostly people Positive on Covid test, but would also include no shows and missed ship due to travel.

I would imagine as the Covid numbers go down, the fleetwide ‘cancel due to positive test’ numbers continue to go down, and when it gets very low, they may not see the need to continue the CWC program.

On the other hand,  new variant may temporarily increase Covid ‘positives’ requiring the policy to stick around a little longer.

Eddie