Miami port check in procedure?

shoptom

I haven't sailed from the new terminal in Miami yet, but they do separate everyone by their chosen check in time, unless you're sailing in a Rockstar Suite... There were porters outside to take people's bags, and then everyone lined up according to their time. I believe that they're still doing testing at the port, but I believe that's about to change soon, and you'll be required to get your own test prior to boarding...

On the ship now - we got to the port around 3:30 - went over to the tent "scheduled" the test - did the test - then inside to checkin / wait - then on the ship - about 35-45 minutes - I believe as of april 1 you have to get tested on your own before hand and or they may have at the port but you'd have to pay

We did roll aboard as it was just easier

4 hours ago, pl281 said:

On the ship now - we got to the port around 3:30 - went over to the tent "scheduled" the test - did the test - then inside to checkin / wait - then on the ship - about 35-45 minutes - I believe as of april 1 you have to get tested on your own before hand and or they may have at the port but you'd have to pay

We did roll aboard as it was just easier

We are sailing on April 10th and we would much prefer to do a test before flying to Miami.  We did a Carnival weekend cruise a few months ago and they require you to get your own test before boarding.  The entire boarding process took about 10 minutes including check-in time as it's much more streamlined than waiting around for a test at the dock.