Aqua Spa Cafe

babylene

I love the food at the Aqua Spa Cafe. I only wish it were available closer to the buffet restaurant. If you are eating with someone who prefers to choose from the buffet, there is a logistics problem here.

Another complaint...I find the air in the Thalassatherapy area not condusive to eating.

Does anyone agree? Can we get Celebrity to do something about it?

We had breakfast and the occasional lunch in the Aquaspa Cafe on Millennium - I was glad that it was a quieter area on the ship. I see what you mean by the logistics problem, but the same thing happens to us at lunch - I like the dining room, my DH likes the buffet - so we usually alternate, or take the third option and go to the Aqua Spa. I didn't notice the quality of air being a problem .... I guess I'm just too focussed on my food:)

We had breakfast and the occasional lunch in the Aquaspa Cafe on Millennium - I was glad that it was a quieter area on the ship. I see what you mean by the logistics problem, but the same thing happens to us at lunch - I like the dining room, my DH likes the buffet - so we usually alternate, or take the third option and go to the Aqua Spa. I didn't notice the quality of air being a problem .... I guess I'm just too focussed on my food:)

Susan - hubby and I have the same problem - we compromise by going to the dining room for soup and desert for him, small lunch for me, and then we go up to buffet/grill/sandwich bar/pasta station where he gets his lunch and I get a very small serving of pasta. We usually check out all the venues before deciding where and what to eat for lunch.

I find the air in the Thalassatherapy area not condusive to eating.

QUOTE]

You can, instead of sitting at the tables provided on both sides inside the T pool area, carry your tray 10' further, out into the covered part of the outdoor pool area.

How can I explain the air? It's the humid dampness that you find in indoor swimming pools.

Flashdog, we just got off the Summit and the tables to which you refer were "Smoking Zone"...Yuch!

Realistically, if they can have a omelette station, a pasta station, and a sandwich station....why can't they have a "spa menu" station? It makes sense to me!

Realistically, if they can have a omelette station, a pasta station, and a sandwich station....why can't they have a "spa menu" station? It makes sense to me!

The Aqua Spa Cafe has a 'loyal following' .... I think a lot of people would be disappointed if they moved the spa food from the present location and included it in the buffet area. It doesn't look like there is a lot of support for this change on this thread.

Isn't one of the reasons for the Aqua Spa Cafe being where it is, is for the people using the T-pool area to have a bite to eat there?

We were just on the Connie two weeks ago. We love the food at the Aqua Spa. Don't understand your problems.

If you want to combine buffet food and Aqua Spa food that much just take your tray and walk!

And the Aqua Spa Cafe is well...in the Aqua Spa! Fresh air is always circulating. I don't think there's much here to complain about.

I agree with the idea that putting the Aqua Spa healthy food station at the opposite end of the ship from the main buffet is a dumb idea; luckily we carry powerful 7 mile walkie-talkies with us on cruises and so could re-connect after going to the opposite ends of the ship for breakfast and lunch. All food service in the buffet should be under one roof. :mad:

Flashdog, we just got off the Summit and the tables to which you refer were "Smoking Zone"...Yuch!

Just on the port side. You could easily sit on the starboard side, just outside the doorway to the spa pool area and eat. What's the big deal?

I also don't get the importance of all the food stations being in the same area.

We're having casual meals, not going to the hog trough.:rolleyes:

All food service in the buffet should be under one roof.

It is .... But The Aqua Spa Cafe is another dining area, just as the main dining room, and specialty dining room are separate.

One could also argue that all food should be served in one location on the ship to avoid the problem of people arguing over which dining area to go to. I like having more options :)

I liked that the different food options were in different areas, sometimes where we happened to be determined where we flet like eating. We loved the aqua spa food for lunch and if we didn't want to sit in that area, just took it to where we did want to eat.

And the Aqua Spa is not as crowded, either. It's certainly not a dining room, and it's only a tiny buffet area, but convenient if you are on the forward part of the ship, or have just completed a spa treatment, or have been in the T pool, or don't like the noise of the pool area. There are even signs for quiet in the T pool area along with the notice that you have to be 18 or older to use it.

I love the food at the Aqua Spa Cafe. I only wish it were available closer to the buffet restaurant. If you are eating with someone who prefers to choose from the buffet, there is a logistics problem here.

Another complaint...I find the air in the Thalassatherapy area not condusive to eating.

WOW - you're not getting a lot of support here Babylene! I agree with some of what you said. We just got off the Summit and I loved the Aqua Spa Cafe BUT I HATED the smell of the thalassotherapy area. I don't know what the smell was but it just turned my stomach every time I walked in there. I did get used to it each time and it didn't stop me from spending a lot of time there just the same. A FRESH air smell it was NOT! Secondly, there were not enough tables. The tables were always completely full up. Our sailing was to Hawaii so we did have some coolish-windy sea days where we didn't want to eat poolside so the suggestion to take the tray and sit by the outdoor pool was not a great solution. Minor complaints they are -but I do see your points. Jayna

Hi Jayna!

We were on your cruise. Thanks for the support! And the only outdoor tables by the pool were "smoking"...yuch!

I went into the t-pool a couple of times, but I think some people spend the entire day there....not for me!

Wasn't it a great cruise? Did you take the hula lessons? What fun! My husband took pictures....very funny!

Hope you are not tooooo cold where you are. Here it has been freezing and two days after returning, I got good and sick....still have cold and cough...the price we pay for our vacations!

Hi Babylene - actually we were on the 29th-12th (I think you were on the 12th - 26th??) anyway... our cruise was absolutely perfect too! It really was a dream come true. Nope - didn't do the hula lessons but Paki Allen seemed to be a real hit on our sailing. Wish I had done the lei making but somehow the time got away on me. I thought there would be tons of time on all those sea days but I only got one book read after all! Glad you enjoyed your cruise too. Hawaii is lovely - not what I expected, but beautiful. Jayna

Jayna, we were on your cruise. I never got to the CC event because of conflicting schedule! I did manage to meet one couple from Ontario. If anyone else we met was from CC, I didn't know it!

How was Hawaii different from what you expected?

Yes Paki was a sweetie! I also missed the lei class and was disappointed...but it seems that whatever interests me is scheduled at the same time!

I managed to read 2 books. One I brought from home...I forget the name already! The other one came from the ship library...The Secret of Bees...excellent. I rushed at the end to finish it on time (such pressure for a vacation!)

The days fly by! We are home over 2 weeks, most of which I have spent at home with a bad cold. I am still coughing, but even though it is freezing and windy, I am going out now.

Aloha!

Babylene - so we were on the same ship! How was Hawaii different?? - well I actually expected it to be a lot more commercialized! Of course Oahu was busy but the other islands were so very laid back and quiet that it was a real pleasant suprise. Also, I thought the the islands would be prettier as you arrived - but the hills seemed so bare - with the exception of Hilo! Of course, the area around the ports are lush and wonderful and once you're off the ship it is a real paradise - I just thought it would be more breathtaking as we arrived. I guess what do you expect being the islands are volcanoes! My dh thought there would be more 'cultural' shows and activities/food around the islands. We didn't go to a luau though so maybe we should have. One huge positive was the lack of vendors on the beach. I despise that about Mexico! Jayna

Hi, I have never had a problem with air either. Sorry you have

been uncomfortable there.

As for places to eat....I guess if it was crowded I would walk

by the pool and find a table near the bandstand (outside) or

by the buffet.

If you didn't want to carry your tray that far I am sure

one of the waiters would help out.

Hi Lois,

Thank you for your suggestion. Actually, we like to sit outside at the end of the ship...so it is quite a distance. Once, on another cruise, I asked for help, got it, but reluctantly...so...once bitten, twice shy. I guess I could ask again...of course this would work best for cold dishes. We ate at the t-pool a couple of times when it was too cool to eat outside. On a cool day, we prefer to have breakfast in the dining room. but the lunch menu never appeals to me.

On our next cruise, the Galaxy, there won't be a choice!!!!!!

I just think that since there already are so many stations in the buffet area, it would be convenient to have one more.

Archived