Vista view from wheelchair

sailtex

Thought I’d take a better picture of the Oceania Suite shower for you. I measured the lip and it is just over 5 inches high  but drops 2 inches once you clear it. The door opens quite wide and the shower is fairly roomy with both a full rain shower head and a nice wand head. Sorry if you have to turn the page the photos themselves were taken upright…Bruce

6A9DC3D1-B0CC-456E-ABC9-9351DD6D3E36.jpeg

11DF4322-3005-4940-A458-03F8AF9F39FD.jpeg

8ADE624E-41CD-4A17-8964-79F39791AA21.jpeg

The concept  to have these "sea Sucker) is that you can adapt any cabin for a ADA person....shower,  Bath, bedroom...     Any smooth or even wet surface   even fibre glass .    want to make a PH ADA?    get  these.    Or if your in need for a ADA cabin and cant get one...   ADAPT  with this.     My other advice is  Drive makes  a collapsible  "Ultra Lite model 18 lb transfer chair with carry case,  at 1/3 the price of renting ( 200-250 vs 650 rent)  goes as Baggage on planes....

294862.jpg

Thanks for the post about the grab handles. Years ago I used those to stick to the bottom of my sailboat while I was cleaning it before races, but had completely forgotten about them. I'll get a couple for this trip.

Everything is set except for airline flights. Trying to decide between going with Oceania flights or booking my own. With business class each way there is not much cost difference, but the US domestic Oceania flights are not business class. My Oceania Personal Consultant says the schedule for the Oceania arranged flights won't be available until the first week of May. If I am buying my own, I'd want to do it before then. Can that detail be found on their website somewhere?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sailtex said:

Everything is set except for airline flights. Trying to decide between going with Oceania flights or booking my own. With business class each way there is not much cost difference, but the US domestic Oceania flights are not business class.

If you want BIZ class book your own

JMO

• Like 1

I totally agree with JMO, book your own business class so you have it locked in and can choose your most efficient route. We learned this lesson long ago. We also try to arrive the night prior to our cruise to reduce the chance of being delayed by weather or mechanical issues. Also on your return make sure you allow enough time (usually late morning) to comfortably get to the airport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks HiFi43 for the shower pics. Those are a bit puzzling, with those cylindrical showers only in the Vista and Owner's suites according to the Oceania site pics and the Cruise Critic pic collections. All the Oceania suite shower pics are polygons. I think it will be OK. Worst case I shower with the door open and rely on the floor drain.

Sailtex, the good news is the circular shower doors are wider than they appear in the photo and they slide open and closed very easily. Also, the curve is such that I suspect you’ll be able to deal with it. We have someone on this cruise using a wheelchair in one of the Oceania suites and he says he is able to negotiate the ledge and door well, although he seems to have a bit more mobility than some, I’m not sure how much you have. You will love the suite and the location and I’m sure adjusting to the shower will work out. The door next to the culinary center into the suites will be a little challenge but your wife or other suite residents can hold it well you enter. The door to the deck is automatic so they will be easy to deal with. Enjoy your cruise.

Change of plans. I really appreciate all the assistance for us to understand and choose between Vista and Oceania suites. It turned out an Owner's Suite opened up today and we grabbed it. Much of what we've learned about the other suites applies here so all is good. Thanks again.

Owners is great and large at the back of the ship. We’ve had them but still like the Oceania suites better for a few reasons…

Price is significantly less for all the same top suite benefits 

Distance from everything makes it more convenient 

Five elevators up & down as opposed to only two near Owner’s suites

Great for entertaining 

Media room we love

Two full bathrooms

No engine noise 

and the advantages of the Owners suites

Huge deck out of the wind facing backwards

Always are assigned the Head Butler

Huge space…largest on ship

Two full bathrooms

Great for entertaining 

i’m sure you’ll love it…enjoy

HiFi43, thanks for the comparisons. This continues to be a learning experience, and probably will be until we are back home afterwards.

One facet of suite comparisons that may be important to others but, surprisingly, not me is proximity to other attractions. For fun and exercise, I roll 2 or 3 miles around a hilly neighborhood almost every day. I've been concerned that except for shore excursions I might not do much on this trip. So if I have to roll a little farther to dinner, that's good.

2 hours ago, sailtex said:

HiFi43, thanks for the comparisons. This continues to be a learning experience, and probably will be until we are back home afterwards.

One facet of suite comparisons that may be important to others but, surprisingly, not me is proximity to other attractions. For fun and exercise, I roll 2 or 3 miles around a hilly neighborhood almost every day. I've been concerned that except for shore excursions I might not do much on this trip. So if I have to roll a little farther to dinner, that's good.

Your in good company amigo.    Many folks of all abilities sail for the ambiance and ship experience and the ports are incidental to the experience.     On a 10 day Med cruise  with my wife... we only plan on going ashore 1 day of the 10.   More than enough to do as she likes to paint ( not the ship) but water color and there is a cool artist loft.... even without classes it s great hang out meet and join kindred sprits,  and more cuisine adventure at every turn.      Bon Journe mon aims!

• Like 1