Best & Cheapest Way To Handle What Will Be A No Show

katstoy

My DD and I are booked on a 7 day cruise.  She, however, will no longer be able to come as she will have just delivered a baby about a month before we sail.  I have no issue going solo but what is the best and cheapest way to handle it?

The reservation is under her VIFP number as we got a better rate under her number than mine.  We also prepaid the cheers package as I bought it in 2021 when they were offering an additional 20% discount on it.  This cruise was initially booked for 2020, then 2021 and both canceled due to Covid.  So I am definitely going on in in 2022.

If I take her name off the reservation now will they charge the the current rate on the room versus what I've already paid?  I know I'll be paying for double occupancy even though I'm going solo.  Cruise is paid in full.  Will they also refund her cheers package price?  Of if I wat until embarkation and she is just a no show will they change the room rate and refund cheers?  I know port fees,  taxes and gratuities for her will be refunded no matter what.

I'm surprised no one has chimed in on this post. I think this is best answered by Your PVP, or worse case Customer Service. You have a couple potential issues/changes, and they can give you best options.

• Like 1

I went on a cruise with a "no show".  I priced out rooms with only 3 and they were way higher than what we had booked.  We just kept our room, and when we checked in, I informed him that there would only be 3 of us.  We were refunded the port tax for that individual and were refunded the prepaid tips.  We did have an Havana wristband to use all week

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 11:57 AM, mechomper said:

I went on a cruise with a "no show".  I priced out rooms with only 3 and they were way higher than what we had booked.  We just kept our room, and when we checked in, I informed him that there would only be 3 of us.  We were refunded the port tax for that individual and were refunded the prepaid tips.  We did have an Havana wristband to use all week

Do you have to contact Carnival to get the port tax refunded? Or was it automatic after cruise was over? Thanks!