Iona - Limelight nightclub ?

dazlight

Does anyone know if the limelight turns into a nightclub after the show? And if so what time. Can’t find any info if there is a night club on Iona. 

Also what’s the best bar for live music ?

Going in 2 weeks. 

cheers 

4 hours ago, dazlight said:

Does anyone know if the limelight turns into a nightclub after the show? And if so what time. Can’t find any info if there is a night club on Iona. 

Also what’s the best bar for live music ?

Going in 2 weeks. 

cheers 

I don't think there was nightclub in Limelight. On our Feb Iona- the club house was the night club for late night drinks and dancing til about 2-3am

710 had a live band and was v popular- you had to queue quite early for it!

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Everyone left the limelight once the show ended when we  were on Britannia in the summer

Think it ended at 10pm ish

Hi ICF, are you playing while the cat's away if you know what I mean!?  That was Eric & Ern if I recall, did you catch them ashore as we discussed previously?

The problem with Limelight is that since the launch on Britannia P&O have advertised it as turning into a late night spot and in my experience it never has.  On Iona they advertise the same and there is mention of "the Limelight Band" for both Iona and Arvia's club.

I booked Arvia for December 2023 Christmas last week and it states

"When the show is over and the curtain comes down, the bar opens to all, and when the house band ups the ante, this late-and-lively hotspot is the only place to be."

So either a change of use on Arvia over Britannia and Iona or just another advertising slip.

7 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

I don't think there was nightclub in Limelight. On our Feb Iona- the club house was the night club for late night drinks and dancing til about 2-3am

On recent Iona.

Limelight Band  with female lead singer was warm up for main dinner act (speciiality dinner pay-up)

The same band then performed another 40 minute set at 10.15 and again at 11.15. Very good. No booking required, just turn up. No charge. 

We went to the Limelight club quite late (11ish) and, as BornLucky has said, the band were playing a set. Very good and a great way to enjoy the smaller venue. It turns into a 'normal' lounge bar after the dinner show has finished.

Must have just been summer staycations where it was different then

We had no band before or after

Just a main act once we had dined

And then it closed down

Which back then I posted on here wasn't what I expected from a cabaret restaurant

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

O Britannia maiden voyage we went to Limelight Club to see Kiki Dee and after the show some left but the bar stayed open and Kiki Dee came in and had a drink and chatted to guests and stayed late with bar still serving and some guests just coming in for a drink.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

We have sat and chatted to the acts after the event but the bar closed as the act finished.  No idea why they have never followed up on the original plan.

It didnt close at end of act on Maiden because Kiki Dee and the guitarist with her stayed and chatted and didnt even have to buy themselves a drink  and she was signing autographs. Perhaps other acts that have since followed didnt want to do that or P&O changed the way Limelight operated because think the plan was always to keep bar open and once act had finished to allow anyone to come in for a drink.

Edited by majortom10

I've seen six separate acts in Limelight, the latest being Cheryl Baker and Eric & Ern in December. Despite the pandemic they came to chat with people and sighed autographs, unfortunately unable to have photos with guest.  The staff did as previously, cleaned up and shut the bar.  I assume P&O decided to change the original plan.

18 hours ago, johnnylikely said:

The clubhouse ? Not heard of that one. I’ll take a look.