Ten Gallon cowboy hats

Acrusa

I have no knowledge of the size of a 10 gallon hat.  I was assuming a ordinary cowboy style hat.  If is some sort of overwhelming size purely for attention, sure, seems reasonable to ask him to not do it.  That said, my opinion is that it should be up to the Oceana policy and staff, not some sort of no hats for men church committee.  But not seeking replied quoting me.  

Folks should understand that fashion evolves. Stars wear very expensive sneakers even to the Oscar’s now.  My former firm used to require hats, suits and sock suspenders for all management consultants, while business casual is the norm now, even black jeans fine for tech clients.  Times change.  Enjoy the cruise. Cheers.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 4

On 4/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, Kate-AHF said:

I inquired about this rule in 2019, when I was seated, repeatedly, behind a guy earing his ancient, frayed, sweat-stained Indiana Jones hat in every restaurant.  He had clearly worn that hat around the world and was not taking if off for anyone.  I was told by the Maitre'd that they had approached him about it, he had spouted the ball cap wording, and in general created a major scene.  

I understood their position.  It's not worth getting the asst maitre'd punched in the face over a hat, and apparently that's where it was headed.  Yeah the guy and his wife would have been thrown off the ship, but that would be cold comfort for the guy that got punched.

Hat in sight or not, it was still a great cruise for us.  But, I was taught the same as you growing up (and no hats in church).  The fact that guy's hat still irritates me three years later probably doesn't say great things about me.

Yes it does...is says your in respect of  others and defensive for  their rights and yours. 

It says you resect manners  that evolved over hundreds of years. 

It says  you have the courage to speak up when you see wrongs 

It says Ok to be upset by overt  selfish and crude acts 

It says your an adult with an adults insight, not that of a child.s 

It says you were brought up by good responsible parents. 

• Like 1

Found on the internet and makes sense to me, but just my opinion, not good not bad.......

Tips for Proper Cowboy Hat Etiquette

A cowboy hat is a personal item — an important one. You need to follow cowboy etiquette and standards if you wear one.

WHEN EATING IN A RESTAURANT

The following are some of the cowboy hat rules for dining in a restaurant:

• When you go inside a restaurant, or any building, your cowboy hat comes off.
  • You can put your cowboy hat back on your head once inside a building if it is an informal occasion, but if it is formal, it stays off.
  • If you are eating a casual meal at a counter, you can wear your hat, but if you are sitting at a table in the restaurant, take it off.

When you are on the range, there is no need to take your hat off, even when you are eating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1