Ovation Shakedown Cruise April 26-29, 2022

Baowen

16 hours ago, Aquahound said:

Trust me, I saved you a lot of frustration.  Seattle freeze was alive and well with these people.  🙄

Long story short....just show up.  They aren't accepting reservations.  You'll just need to show proof of being on this sailing and parking for 3 nights is free.  🙂

Do you know if they will be providing a shuttle to the ship? I had already booked online before seeing your post with Seattle CruisePark at 1601 West Armory Way which includes a shuttle to the ship. We were charged $37.66 Total. We have not tried this parking lot before so will see how they are.

1 hour ago, sunset seekers said:

Do you know if they will be providing a shuttle to the ship? I had already booked online before seeing your post with Seattle CruisePark at 1601 West Armory Way which includes a shuttle to the ship. We were charged $37.66 Total. We have not tried this parking lot before so will see how they are.

I have used CruisePark before.  They're not bad and like you said, they do have a shuttle.  It's about a 5-10 minute shuttle ride depending on the lights.  

According to the info pushed out by Royal, there will be a shuttle available at the Republic lot at the pier.  

On 4/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, Zu~ said:

I just got my invite last week, they had sent one a week earlier that I didn't see. 

On 4/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, Zu~ said:

So I'm registered for this cruise, but didn't sign up my room mate, thinking I could do that if I get confirmed. Fingers crossed-good luck to all hoping for an invite.

I hadn't found this thread before so started a roll call.  Thanks to westcoasttech  for the link to this thread !!!

I got my invite early April and immediately registered.  Not sure how I got picked but did a b2b on Allure in January and am D+ so maybe that helped.  April 13th my confirmation "invoice" came through.  All signed up now and checked in, was assigned a Deck 12 balcony.  

Zu~ where are you on Whidbey?  Looking forward to meeting you on board, or earlier for coffee if you like.  Perhaps we can coordinate getting there and back.  I'm on the South end.  My email is whidbeyk8 at gmail dot com 

Kate

Hi folks, got my invite too - (I live in Victoria BC), and then a 2nd one, to remind us that we haven't registered.  Ugh....we are bummed out cuz we can't go as we won't be around - who wants my invite ???  LOL...we are D+

Just got an email from RCCL - reminders about vaccination proof, pre-cruise test requirements and health questionnaire ... it mentioned ArriveCAN as follows: 

ArriveCAN: All travelers to Canada, or their legal guardians, must Download the ArriveCAN app or complete the mandatory travel information via the ArriveCAN website prior to boarding. 

I would suspect that even if you are not planning on getting off in Victoria, it might be wise to have registered online and have access to ArriveCAN, just by the ship being docked in Victoria, you are strictly speaking, "in" Canada.  Are there still onboard computers available in the library?  If so, as long as you have pre-registered with ArriveCAN, I would think you may be able to access your account through those computers.  I would hasten to add, I have not tested this theory, but it would make sense ... although relying on what is effectively a "public" computer may hold it's own issues....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Just got an email from RCCL - reminders about vaccination proof, pre-cruise test requirements and health questionnaire ... it mentioned ArriveCAN as follows: 

ArriveCAN: All travelers to Canada, or their legal guardians, must Download the ArriveCAN app or complete the mandatory travel information via the ArriveCAN website prior to boarding. 

I would suspect that even if you are not planning on getting off in Victoria, it might be wise to have registered online and have access to ArriveCAN, just by the ship being docked in Victoria, you are strictly speaking, "in" Canada.  Are there still onboard computers available in the library?  If so, as long as you have pre-registered with ArriveCAN, I would think you may be able to access your account through those computers.  I would hasten to add, I have not tested this theory, but it would make sense ... although relying on what is effectively a "public" computer may hold it's own issues....

Anybody who knows better please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ArriveCAN requires that you complete the online registration within 72 hours of boarding a cruise that will stop at a Canadian port AND within 72 hours of when the ship actually stops at that Canadian port (which I think includes visiting a Canadian port not just disembarkation at a Canadian port). 

Because our trip is so short, I think one could actually satisfy both requirements by completing the ArriveCAN registration just once, on Monday afternoon (recommend after 2pm in case we really are arriving at 1:30 as indicated by the Victoria port authority).  That's within 72 hours before we arrive at Victoria (even if just within 72 hours) and that's also within 72 hours (actually 24) of boarding the ship. For those of us who might be still at home on Monday afternoon, makes it easy.  I've downloaded the ArriveCAN app to my phone and entered and saved my passport and vaccination information.  Now just waiting for Monday to do the rest.  

3 minutes ago, kzuma said:

Anybody who knows better please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that ArriveCAN requires that you complete the online registration within 72 hours of boarding a cruise that will stop at a Canadian port AND within 72 hours of when the ship actually stops at that Canadian port (which I think includes visiting a Canadian port not just disembarkation at a Canadian port). 

Because our trip is so short, I think one could actually satisfy both requirements by completing the ArriveCAN registration just once, on Monday afternoon (recommend after 2pm in case we really are arriving at 1:30 as indicated by the Victoria port authority).  That's within 72 hours before we arrive at Victoria (even if just within 72 hours) and that's also within 72 hours (actually 24) of boarding the ship. For those of us who might be still at home on Monday afternoon, makes it easy.  I've downloaded the ArriveCAN app to my phone and entered and saved my passport and vaccination information.  Now just waiting for Monday to do the rest.  

I'm no expert and have not actually had to use the app yet, but that sounds about right to me.  

(For me, I guess that means I can fill it in before I leave Vancouver on Monday afternoon to get the bus to Seattle, and then fill it in again, while I'm in Victoria, in preparation for my bus ride from Seattle back to Vancouver, on Friday ... at least that means I can use my regular CDN phone data and not have to pay for any possible data roaming or wi-fi access charges.)

Shore side staff at Seattle's Pier 91were told that all passengers must show proof of completion of  ArriveCan before passengers could the terminal building.  Management is still formulating how to assist passengers who show up without ArriveCan. Staff was also told that passengers should expect random spot checks of passengers visiting Canadian ports-of-call.

So, if you are on this stimulation cruise, be sure to download ArriveCan, and fill it out, then submit it before arriving at Pier 91.

We have a friend who is currently onboard Ovation as a member of the Cruise Director's Staff, and he said that they are expecting 800 guests for the shakedown cruise. He said the crew is working hard to get everything ready for us!😃

Edited by trudnowskis
  • Like 1

Apparently there is a new version of ArriveCAN that will be released on Monday April 25th.  So if you have downloaded it already, be prepared to update it on the 25th and then make sure your information was saved from prior version or re-enter as necessary.  

2 hours ago, trudnowskis said:

We have a friend who is currently onboard Ovation as a member of the Cruise Director's Staff, and he said that they are expecting 800 guests for the shakedown cruise. He said the crew is working hard to get everything ready for us!😃

Hoping that true!  800 pax on a ship that holds 4,900 when “full” (and I’ve been on it at full capacity!) … this is going to be sooooooo good!  When fully crewed there’s 1,500 crew … going to be truly personal service!

Do wish they would confirm the time of arrival in Victoria … Royal app is still saying 9 am to 5 pm, but port schedule says arrival at 1:30 pm … I’m meeting a friend I haven’t seen for 3 years and it’s hard to confirm the deets!

Edited by westcoasttech

2 hours ago, trudnowskis said:

Shore side staff were also told just a bit over 800 passengers as well.  

11 hours ago, kzuma said:

Apparently there is a new version of ArriveCAN that will be released on Monday April 25th.  So if you have downloaded it already, be prepared to update it on the 25th and then make sure your information was saved from prior version or re-enter as necessary.  

Thank you for this info.

3 minutes ago, Iloveturtles said:

Does anyone know if bottles of Dom Perignon will be included in the 50% off drinks? Or any bottles of wine for that matter?

Hi there, now where did you say your cabin is????  Just kidding.  Good question  and hope somebody has a YES answer.....

5 minutes ago, kzuma said:

Hi there, now where did you say your cabin is????  Just kidding.  Good question  and hope somebody has a YES answer.....

Deck 13 balcony…lol! We had a bottle of Dom Perignon on our wedding day 24 years ago and one on our 15th anniversary and our 20th anniversary. If it’s not 50% off on this sailing I will wait til January 2023 on our 25th anniversary. Still trying to decide which cruise to book for that…

Fun note: For our first anniversary my husband gave me a cruise book as a gift (we were young and poor…) and told me to pick a cruise for our 2nd anniversary. We did the Mexican Riviera

and have been hooked since!  We started cruising almost twice a year. We went on a cruise every quarter during the years I was in nursing school in order to motivate me to not drop out…lol!  This Shakedown will be our 41st cruise, and our 31st Royal Caribbean cruise…We are Diamond Plus and Loyal to Royal (but sometimes cruise on Celebrity and love the shared benefits). So excited for this three night getaway, being a nurse throughout this pandemic has taken more than its toll on me 🥴

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:25 PM, Tree_skier said:

Yes but if you never get off the ship you never have contact with CBSA.  Who would be checking you have provided the info to ArriveCan

the people boarding when the ship docks to clear the ship will be checking.

Ships’ manifest are all processed electronically these days.  US border service will see the preliminary one before boarding even opens - which is why you can’t just walk up on day of sailing any more. The manifest is delivered electronically to the ship at end of check-in, and ship will forward to Canada border service on sailing.  So both services can pre-check for any IDs that may ring alarms - if you know what I mean?  I would expect that manifest may be cross referenced with ArriveCAN data.  

I’ve read that NCLBliss pax (now sailing) were told they had to register with the app prior to checkin in order to be able to board.  Also note that the requirement is for 72 hours before BOARDING a ship destined to Canada (snipped text below).  I’ve filled in everything but the medical questionnaire, and will do that tomorrow morning (fingers crossed).  It asks for date/time of embarkation onto vessel heading to Canada and date/time/location of arrival in Canada in the questionnaire.

The app will be updating tonight to reflect the changes that come into effect tomorrow, and seem to apply mostly to children.  Website does seem to indicate that requirement for a quarantine plan will change too, presumably less strict.

Who needs to use ArriveCAN

All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN unless you're exempt from this requirement due to an accessibility need.

You'll need to submit your information within 72 hours:

• before your arrival to Canada
  • and/or before boarding a cruise ship destined for Canada

21 hours ago, westcoasttech said:

Hoping that true!  800 pax on a ship that holds 4,900 when “full” (and I’ve been on it at full capacity!) … this is going to be sooooooo good!  When fully crewed there’s 1,500 crew … going to be truly personal service!

Do wish they would confirm the time of arrival in Victoria … Royal app is still saying 9 am to 5 pm, but port schedule says arrival at 1:30 pm … I’m meeting a friend I haven’t seen for 3 years and it’s hard to confirm the deets!

The RCCL is updated with current information. We arrive in Victoria at 1:00 with an expected clearance of 1:30. All aboard is 7:30.

2 minutes ago, laxfan65 said:

The RCCL is updated with current information. We arrive in Victoria at 1:00 with an expected clearance of 1:30. All aboard is 7:30.

Thanks for the notification.  That makes things easier!  Just got my negative Covid test result back, so now I just have to get to Seattle!

Negative COVID tests and ArriveCan complete.  Sheesh.  Whole process still feels like 2020, but I guess that's the price of fun nowadays.  Can't wait to get on board and to enjoy this gift from Royal Caribbean.  🙂

• Like 1