Unable to make specialty dining reservations in the MedallionClass App

cvpends

I have been trying to make specialty dining reservations for a cruise that is coming up in two weeks, and have had trouble using both an Android and an Apple device.  The problem is that every time I try, I get the error:  "Failed to make reservation.  Please update your address in personal information & documents and try again."  Although my address was correct, I deleted and re-entered my address in the app, and for good measure deleted and re-entered my credit card in the app.  Same problem.  Anyone else encounter this problem?  Just so you know I'm not a newbie, I successfully made dining (including specialty dining) reservations for my other four Princess cruises in the last few months.  This problem is new for me.

I would appreciate any help you can provide!

This is the only issue I have had with the Medallion.  Deleted the app and reinstalled and everything worked perfectly.   Another thing you may want to check is if you have MDR reservations for the night you are trying to book it will not let you double book.   Delete the MDR booking for the night you are attempting to book specialty and it will

work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

This is the only issue I have had with the Medallion.  Deleted the app and reinstalled and everything worked perfectly.   Another thing you may want to check is if you have MDR reservations for the night you are trying to book it will not let you double book.   Delete the MDR booking for the night you are attempting to book specialty and it will

work.

This looked like a good idea, so I deleted and reinstalled the app.  I still can't make specialty restaurant reservations, but now I simply get "an error occurred.". 

I am getting very frustrated by this!  I deleted and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone, deleted and reentered my address and credit card, tried a different credit card, and on and on.  Now the message is simply "an error occurred.". Is anyone else having this problem?  Anyone have a solution?

Ok, folks, this magically started working again.  Don't know why it didn't work, or why it works now.  It always worked before, including on the cruise I just disembarked on Sunday.  A nondeterministic algorithm, I suppose.  Anyway, I now have my reservations.

Thanks to all who tried to help me!

• Like 1