Excursion confusion

janetcbl

Excursions for our category were supposed to open today. This morning I had a Notice on “My Viking Journey” that they were available. I checked…nothing under “Excursions” or above the “Calendar “. I tried a couple of hours later…..nothing. I finally used the “Live Chat” feature with “My Viking Journey” and the very pleasant person finally wrote, after checking around, that the notification had been a “mistake” and Viking would notify me later when Excursions were finally open. Anyone else had this happen? Does this mean excursions will be open to everyone at the same time? The trip involved was “Baltic Jewels & Midnight Sun” ( a 28 day combination of two trips). Also tried “tellus@viking” ( haven’t heard anything yet).

Isn’t this a cruise that had to be modified due to no longer going to St. Petersburg?  If it is, I suspect that this change has them scrambling for changes in excursion dates.  

I know on our cruise, our excursions came up piecemeal.  For instance, there were a few in Italy where there was nothing.  TBH, that was more difficult to handle then.  We were on the ship when we finally booked the last ones.

We are also on the Baltic Jewels Midnight Sun cruise and have been checking daily since our scheduled date for booking excursions. We did not received an email about excursions being available on our official date, so I assume your email was sent in error.

There was a "Notification" message when I opened our MVJ (Homelands) yesterday (83 to go) which said that excursions were now ready to book. It was bogus. I'm used to getting hot, steamy piles of turtle ***** from Viking.

We're past a booking window for a British Isles cruise in July.  There have been no adjustments to this itinerary and explorer suites should be booking now but no excursions have been posted.  We still have a couple of weeks before our window opens but it may well be another situation where it's every man for himself.  Guess they are still dealing with "post-covid" issues.