Port Canaveral/MCO Flight time question

clginal

I'm know this has been discussed before but, searching isn't easy.

We haven't cruised much and we've never had to be in a hurry to get off the ship.  So, we do not carry our bags to get off early.

We have a cruise this Oct & I'm trying to work on flights.  Southwest is so easy for us, non-stop 1hr 15min flight....can't beat that!!

The issue is, on the day we return, the only non-stop flight is at 12:00 noon.  We normally book after 2:00 so, I'm just not sure about this.

The shuttle transportation we take says they pick up at 8:15 & 10:30 (which is the one we normally do)....

Is it doable to be off the ship carrying our own bags to catch the shuttle at 8:15?  Or is that just pushing it too close?

TIA!!!

Let guest services know you have an early flight out.  We have found that there is a special location to meet for people who have early flights. Other things that speed up getting to the airport are taking a shuttle or private transportation, having pre check, and traveling with carryon bags only.  However, I think noon is a safe time to book even if you don't do all of those things.

29 minutes ago, zorky12 said:

I was on the Liberty last weekend. We were off the ship by 8:30am wasnt in any hurry. Our flight left at 2:50pm but we were at our gate before 10:30 am using Carnivals transfer bus

thanks....I think we will be fine!!

5 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Let guest services know you have an early flight out.  We have found that there is a special location to meet for people who have early flights. Other things that speed up getting to the airport are taking a shuttle or private transportation, having pre check, and traveling with carryon bags only.  However, I think noon is a safe time to book even if you don't do all of those things.

I think my main concern is just getting off the ship to the 8:15 shuttle.   I've never done early debarkation.....or self debarkation (sorry, not sure what it's called).  

Make me feel better seeing some of the answers.

THANKS

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clginal said:

I think my main concern is just getting off the ship to the 8:15 shuttle.   I've never done early debarkation.....or self debarkation (sorry, not sure what it's called).  

THANKS

We do that every cruise.  Before we reached platinum and when we had an early flight, we would go to guest services to find the special place to meet for early flights.  As long as things go smoothly, you should be off of the ship very early.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 8:33 PM, clginal said:

THANKS

This is what we’re planning. We always have done self assist in the past, we just like having our luggage with us to pack last minute things. We haven’t ever cruised out of Port Canaveral, but I think it’s definitely do-able. We just booked a 12:15. 
But I would for sure recommend self assisting with your luggage just so you don’t have to spend time looking for it. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:45 PM, TNcruising02 said:

As long as things go smoothly

There's the rub. Yes, it can be done but, we've had situations where they didn't "go smoothly" for one reason or another so...just sayin'.

We used Cortrans  shuttle to take us from the ship to the Orlando airport. They picked us up at 8:45 AM  and by 9:45 AM we were checking in at the Orlando airport. Our flight was at 12 noon and we easily made it.