Bermuda Travel Authorization Question

Hello! I searched around and didn’t see this answered elsewhere (though I’m sure it is and I just couldn’t find)! My husband and I purchased the Inspire Diagnostic proctored tests for our upcoming cruise to Bermuda. After ordering and scheduling our appointments, I got the email about Bermuda requiring negative test results. Just want to confirm that Bermuda will also accept these proctored test results and isn’t going to require an additional lab test? Also, since I’m asking. Our cruise is on a Sunday and we’re taking our proctored tests Friday evening- I know people said there was a quick turnaround getting their authorization from Bermuda after sending proof of test/vaccine but is there any delay or issue getting this authorization on a weekend?

thank you!!

2 minutes ago, princessajoanna said:

Hello! I searched around and didn’t see this answered elsewhere (though I’m sure it is and I just couldn’t find)! My husband and I purchased the Inspire Diagnostic proctored tests for our upcoming cruise to Bermuda. After ordering and scheduling our appointments, I got the email about Bermuda requiring negative test results. Just want to confirm that Bermuda will also accept these proctored test results and isn’t going to require an additional lab test? Also, since I’m asking. Our cruise is on a Sunday and we’re taking our proctored tests Friday evening- I know people said there was a quick turnaround getting their authorization from Bermuda after sending proof of test/vaccine but is there any delay or issue getting this authorization on a weekend?

thank you!!

Bermuda accepts Inspire, e-med, and probably other supervised/proctored antigen tests. The test will also satisfy NCLs boarding requirements. If you encounter any problems getting your authorization back in time, give Bermuda a call. I have read on these boards that the Bermuda folks are very helpful and quickly solve any problem. That being said, if you could move your testing to an earlier hour it may prevent any timing problems.

You ask about any additional test. If you are doing a New York-Norfolk-Bermuda cruise, some posters on CC think you'll have an additional test taken on-board after departing Norfolk, paid for by NCL. This is because if you arrive on Wednesday, you are now five days out since you did your test. Bermuda requires no more than four days between your last test and disembarking on the island. Hence the additional test . Happy Cruising!!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

You ask about any additional test. If you are doing a New York-Norfolk-Bermuda cruise, some posters on CC think you'll have an additional test taken on-board after departing Norfolk, paid for by NCL.

It's not "some posters on CC think". It's in black and white on the NCL website:

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Where Bermuda is not the first port of call, or if the ship takes longer than 4 days to arrive in Bermuda, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to take an additional antigen or PCR test onboard no more than 2 days prior to disembarking in Bermuda. This test will be paid for and administered by our onboard medical team.

I would definitely move your testing time up to the morning if they have availability.  (Keep in mind you can do it as early as 12:01a.m Friday morning). 

We cruise on the 15th of April to Bermuda and we booked our test with Inspire for 8:30-8:45 am. Wednesday morning.

I wanted ti be sure there is sufficient time just in case something delays Bermuda approving our travel authorization application.

You’re really only giving yourself one day by testing so late. 

Edited by styles27