Star-Barcelona boarding

andy1fsufan

11 hours ago, andy1fsufan said:

Ok, so help me understand where we are not following the NCL rules. The last lines state on the NCL letter is “Or A negative result to a pre-departure molecular test (valid 72 hours) or to a rapid antigen test (valid 48 hours)” .

I was tested upon arrival at the BCN airport ( within 48 hours of departure) and then everyone else also tested at the NCL embarkation area with a negative result prior to accessing the ship. I may not be understanding what the word “or” means but why put that in section 2 of the requirements if they do not follow their own guidelines?   

You did not quote the NCL rules but the entry rules for Spain. As you don´t have the booster you needed a negative test to enter Spain. Usually you have to do this prior to your flight. You had to made it at the airport.

For the cruise you need to be boostered as you also enter other countries like Italy which also requires the booster (or a current test). So you need a test to get off the ship in almost each port. And NCL doesn´t do this.

steamboats

• Like 1

What a mess.  My takeaway from this thread… my family will all be boosted (again for my husband and I) 60 days ahead of our July cruise, just to avoid any potential issues.  The last thing I’d want is to get to Barcelona and find things have recently changed (or I misinterpreted) any of the ports rules and be denied boarding.  

OP I’m sorry this happened to you and others.  

On 4/5/2022 at 7:30 PM, julig22 said:

So it was someone who worked for the port who said you couldn't board, not NCL?  Sounds like it's an issue for your insurance, not NCL.

An NCL person came and talked to the group. She didn't override the check in personnel. NCL was definitely implicit in the denial. In my case I had the booster. They both got it wrong. The inconvenience of being denied boarding due to both parties getting it wrong shouldn't be covered by my cost for travel insurance. That is only letting NCL off the hook for making a mistake. They need to be accountable for their mistake and not expect their mistake to be covered by my travel insurance. Sure I have car insurance but if someone makes a mistake and slams into me, it is their responsibility to make it right. Travel insurance should cover unseen obstacles.  Requiring patrons to use travel insurance to cover an obvious screw up by NCL (in my case) only allows them to be unaccountable leading to more inconvenient to their customers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Buddee1977 said:

IMG_4206.thumb.jpg.4ca02a1320d7296948846a01f878090e.jpg

Now that they took off the "14 days" prior to embarkation, does it mean people can take the booster shot "anytime" before embarkation? 🤔

PS: This was updated on 4/6

Yes, you can get the booster anytime before embarkation! NCL finally got it correct on their website.

steamboats

5 hours ago, Speirsdr said:

An NCL person came and talked to the group. She didn't override the check in personnel. NCL was definitely implicit in the denial. In my case I had the booster. They both got it wrong. The inconvenience of being denied boarding due to both parties getting it wrong shouldn't be covered by my cost for travel insurance. That is only letting NCL off the hook for making a mistake. They need to be accountable for their mistake and not expect their mistake to be covered by my travel insurance. Sure I have car insurance but if someone makes a mistake and slams into me, it is their responsibility to make it right. Travel insurance should cover unseen obstacles.  Requiring patrons to use travel insurance to cover an obvious screw up by NCL (in my case) only allows them to be unaccountable leading to more inconvenient to their customers.

From the sidelines, I too believe NCL is culpable (in your case specifically). And the letter NcL gave its passengers removes any doubt. Unfortunately, it’s difficult for cruise lines to get this “right” considering the balls are all still moving. But difficult or not, wrong is wrong. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2022 at 4:13 AM, andy1fsufan said:

Just made it to check in on NCL Star leaving from Barcelona. We had this trip planned over a year out.  We sent NCL our vaccination cards and we thought we complied with all the requirements. Well, after check in at the port, we are in a large group of passengers who are waiting from a “higher” authority at NCL since we do not have the booster shots within the last 9 months! *****?  Told to wait patiently as they figure it out. No time frame, just wait! Some irate passengers have been waiting for hours.  This “process” is before we can even go upstairs to get their PCR test!  But, I did get 4 messages from NCL to watch the fire drill video on YouTube for a smooth check in process.  

So in short, we can fly to Spain with our vaccines, fly back to the U.S. with the same vaccine cards after testing negative, but to get on the NCL Star in Barcelona for a 10 crews, we’ll so far that’s beyond their control???? A lot more irate people are checking in as I type this.  

Did you have to fill out the Spain health control form before entering Barcelona?