Alaska Tours

wenpop

Trying to decide if I should add an excursion in Denali,  half day Fly fishing Aric Grayling or a Tundra Landing..... any opinons on these choices??

We have the Natural History Tour but I wanted something else to do.....

we booked the Tundra Wilderness Tour but it wasn't easy.  It did not show up in Excursions.  A Primrose Natural History Tour showed up and I was going to book that.  But at the end of the blurb it says you can call Princess to get the Wilderness Tundra Tour.  I called and it was not available.  The woman I spoke to  suggested I call the Wilderness Lodge directly and they were able to book us.  If you want that tour (look under the national Park Service web site to see the tours) try the lodge directly.  I even tried to book with a third party but the two I tried had nothing available the day i was going to be there.

Be aware that the Tundra Wilderness Tour won't be able to get as far into the park as it normally does due to a major problem with the road. A big section of the road slid off the side of the mountain and repairs will take quite some time.

2 hours ago, Mrs Peel said:

we booked the Tundra Wilderness Tour but it wasn't easy.  It did not show up in Excursions.  A Primrose Natural History Tour showed up and I was going to book that.  But at the end of the blurb it says you can call Princess to get the Wilderness Tundra Tour.  I called and it was not available.  The woman I spoke to  suggested I call the Wilderness Lodge directly and they were able to book us.  If you want that tour (look under the national Park Service web site to see the tours) try the lodge directly.  I even tried to book with a third party but the two I tried had nothing available the day i was going to be there.

Thank you!  We are trying to upgrade our Natural  History tour to the Wilderness Tundra but haven't had any luck.  We will try directly from the lodge.  

15 hours ago, Thrak said:

Be aware that the Tundra Wilderness Tour won't be able to get as far into the park as it normally does due to a major problem with the road. A big section of the road slid off the side of the mountain and repairs will take quite some time.

Yes, they have to stop just before mile 42, I believe. Anyway, the Tundra Wilderness is $35 less than normal as a result.