Coastal Kitchen for Vegetarians

Hi All,

Heading out on a cruise on Oasis in the fall in a suite.  Very excited about that.  We get access to Coastal Kitchen as part of the suite experience.  One of our party members is a vegetarian - looking at the menus I have been able to find the vegetarian options are quite limited.  Any suggestions?  Will the kitchen make up something different if what's on the menu isn't appealing?

Thanks!

Recently on Oasis in a suite. Ate all dinners in Coastal Kitchen. One member of our party follows a vegan diet. 

The MDR has a vegan menu. Each night they sent an assistant waiter down to the MDR to get the vegan dinner and bring it up to CK. There are a couple of appetizers and entrees each night, they brought one of each and the dessert.

We had a standing reservation at 5:30 each night so they watched for us and sent someone down as soon as we arrived. That probably made it easier for them. The waiters rotated each night but they all seemed to know because they never gave a her a dinner menu, they already knew what she wanted. 

You can see the vegan dinner menu each day in the RC app, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the MDR menu to find it. 

We were on Harmony last week dining in Coastal Kitchen  and I wanted something from the dining room vegan menu.  They could not produce a menu for me but told me that the chef would create something.  I wanted something in particular from the standard vegan menu so I declined. It was not a big deal, as I am not a vegetarian and could enjoy other menu items. The maitre d offered to have it for me the next evening, but for some reason unknown to me, it took two days. 

The next cruise, we will go to the MDR when there is a vegan or other item(s) we want.  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1