Princess Cay

Megan_Strick

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry have no  pictures but it is a nice beach day and I always enjoy a day at a beautiful beach in the Bahamas, you can go outside the gates and there is a bar and some shops there.  I will be back in 3 weeks and am looking forward to going back, hope you enjoy when you go.

• Like 1

We would like to rent a car or a car @nd driver to explore some of ELuthera. We have spent some time there in the past and want to revisit a few spots. Any ideas or connections? Thx.

• Like 1

check this out from 2019 Taxi tour of Eleuthera(Princess Cay) - Review of Princess Cays, Eleuthera, Bahamas - Tripadvisor

I go outside the gate to go to a local bar and there are people around so very possible there will be people who will give you a tour, from my experience in the out islands taxis are just ordinary vehicles and will not have TAXI on them, negotiate a price and enjoy the sights.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a few times on Princess Cruises.  Love it.  It's a very simple stop, primarily just a beach and chairs. Tender boats take you from the ship to the beach.  When you arrive there are a few small shops selling souvenirs.  Overall there are 2 lunch spots where they serve barbecue/burgers/hot dogs during set hours and a couple bars scattered around as well as waiters/waitresses on the beach.  To be honest the food kind of stinks.  Some opt for lunch on the ship, which is definitely a better option if your desire for a good lunch exceeds your desire to spend time on the beach. 

With princess you use your ship account to make drink purchases and your drink package is valid...I feel like I've read somewhere that this was not the case when carnival ships go there, but I've only been with Princess.

They typically offer a couple simple "excursions"...things like glass bottom boat, banana boat rides, or probably most notably a swimming with stingrays experience which is very highly regarded anywhere I've seen although I haven't personally done it.  There may be a catamaran tour or something similar as well.  Clamshells and snorkeling equipment can be rented for a fee.  Plenty of Beach chairs.

The photos I've attached are from the lesser used South end of the island.  A little further from most of the shops but typically less populated and has a bar.

princess cays1.jpg

princess cays2.jpg

princess cays3.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 7:01 PM, kapcruiser said:

Are there trees that provide shade for loungers?

There are trees and to the left off the tender which is quieter and has trees and fewer people but you have to walk to lunch but are closer to outside gate and the local baar and shops.