Inspire Diagnostics at-home Covid Testing

sbaker

16 hours ago, Breezymom said:

So we’re you able to use that confirmation to satisfy both NCL boarding requirement and Bermuda’s travel authorization?

One test serves both NCL and Bermuda.  Upload it to Bermuda; print it or save it to your phone to show NCL.

17 hours ago, BlushPell said:

You get an email with a link to click. If you do not already have the zoom on your device it will prompt you to download the necessary items. You just then click on the email when it is close to your scheduled meeting time. I signed in about 5-10 mins early and then a proctor joined the meeting after a few minutes and started the process.

It really isn't a call per se but just a link that opens up the meeting and then just follow the steps. This was my first time using anything to do with zoom or video meetings and I found it simple to follow. You shouldn't have any trouble figuring it out.

this will be my first time to do anything with zoom also.  My daughter just told me to make sure I download zoom and then make sure the zoom app has camera and microphone turned on or allowed - I am far from being a techi.  

Question on NCL covid testing policy: can anyone confirm that the times variously referred to as "2 days" or "48hrs"  mean you must schedule your proctored test:

1. within 48hrs prior to 00:00:01 on the day of departure, or

2. within 48hrs of the time of departure?

So if your departure is 5pm Friday, can you be tested at 9am on the previous Wednesday, or do you have to wait for 5:01pm (assuming port time in both cases, regardless of where you are tested.)

Edited by ptuser

2 hours ago, ptuser said:

Question on NCL covid testing policy: can anyone confirm that the times variously referred to as "2 days" or "48hrs"  mean you must schedule your proctored test:

1. within 48hrs prior to 00:00:01 on the day of departure, or

2. within 48hrs of the time of departure?

So if your departure is 5pm Friday, can you be tested at 9am on the previous Wednesday, or do you have to wait for 5:01pm (assuming port time in both cases, regardless of where you are tested.)

This is a table from NCL Sail Safe page:table-embark-US-NonUS.png.ffbe05824ba21254e76365cd37799dc9.png

Have my tests ready to take next week, did the Bermuda authorization form and uploaded my vaccination card last week, received an acknowledgement that they will send an email 4 days before to remind me to upload the PCR test.

This morning NCL sent a letter saying "the upload of the antigen test should occur at the same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected."

I'm going to assume Bermuda is the authority to believe, here. They took my $40 and confirmed that I successfully submitted my application and they will be in touch to remind me about the missing piece.

Don't understand why NCL continues to offer conflicting information, but just in case you haven't done the first part of the application yet, you might want to wait. I suppose Bermuda could still kick my app back to me as rejected, but that doesn't make sense considering that their confirmation letter to me explicitly states the protocol for submitting the final missing piece (results) including an action to be taken by THEM (reminder email).

I suppose it's possible that they are overwhelmed and have switched gears to align with NCL's directions, so maybe I squeaked under the wire and others will not be so lucky?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DaisyGoldberg said:

Have my tests ready to take next week, did the Bermuda authorization form and uploaded my vaccination card last week, received an acknowledgement that they will send an email 4 days before to remind me to upload the PCR test.

This morning NCL sent a letter saying "the upload of the antigen test should occur at the same time as the upload of proof of vaccination. Do not upload one without the other, as the application will be rejected."

I'm going to assume Bermuda is the authority to believe, here. They took my $40 and confirmed that I successfully submitted my application and they will be in touch to remind me about the missing piece.

Don't understand why NCL continues to offer conflicting information, but just in case you haven't done the first part of the application yet, you might want to wait. I suppose Bermuda could still kick my app back to me as rejected, but that doesn't make sense considering that their confirmation letter to me explicitly states the protocol for submitting the final missing piece (results) including an action to be taken by THEM (reminder email).

I suppose it's possible that they are overwhelmed and have switched gears to align with NCL's directions, so maybe I squeaked under the wire and others will not be so lucky?

Ignore NCL's recommendations . They're nonsensical.

Bermuda permits and encourages to file your application up to 30 days before your cruise because it spreads out their workload. As Bermuda has already informed you, you'll receive a reminder afew days before your cruise to upload your test results.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ptuser said:

"2 days" or "48hrs"

Two days.  The human beings eyeballing your test results just look for the day/date, not an exact time of day stamp. 

• Like 1

Does the Inspire test work internationally? We are going to Barcelona for a few days before the cruise and will need to test there. I would prefer to do an antigen test rather than finding a place in Barcelona to do a PCR test.

• 2 months later...