Wedding Proposal at Chankanaab Park

LadyMac72

Has anyone seen or done this?  We're cruising to Cozumel next December (2023) and my son wants to propose to his girlfriend then.  I see there is a proposal package for $1500 that includes a photographer.  Has anyone done this or know anyone who has?  TIA

Edited by LadyMac72
correct spelling

• LadyMac72 changed the title to Wedding Proposal at Chankanaab Park

There are less crowded beaches on Cozumel to propose than Chank, which is overun by excursions and multiple activities.  If I were your son, I'd look at  Playa Palancar, or even Playa Corona as less crowded areas.  And then just let a family member or friend shoot the pictures.  Maybe spring for "refreshments" after.  

4 hours ago, LadyMac72 said:

Has anyone seen or done this?  We're cruising to Cozumel next December (2023) and my son wants to propose to his girlfriend then.  I see there is a proposal package for $1500 that includes a photographer.  Has anyone done this or know anyone who has?  TIA

The only advert I see is for 1500 pesos at the lighthouse at Punta Sur? Where did you see Chankanaab? Is it at the cabanas?

I would also look into private arrangements as Crew suggested. We had a great family photo shoot at Playa Bonita once - lots of photo opportunities but you would need to check time of year and sargassum. I believe we did it in November. Punta Sur does tend to be clearer than east side but if an El Norte comes in beaches will be bad on west side so you may need to be adaptable which would be easier with private arrangements. Depends what type of location he envisages - quiet/busy, facilities, ocean, historic?

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The only advert I see is for 1500 pesos at the lighthouse at Punta Sur? Where did you see Chankanaab? Is it at the cabanas?

I would also look into private arrangements as Crew suggested. We had a great family photo shoot at Playa Bonita once - lots of photo opportunities but you would need to check time of year and sargassum. I believe we did it in November. Punta Sur does tend to be clearer than east side but if an El Norte comes in beaches will be bad on west side so you may need to be adaptable which would be easier with private arrangements. Depends what type of location he envisages - quiet/busy, facilities, ocean, historic?

I think you're right.  I will speak to him more at length and see what he's thinking.

I was thinking about renting a cabana and decorating it for them and having it done there.  But ultimately it's not my call.  But if I could somehow get them to swim over a dolphin with a ring box in his mouth to her..... LOL

23 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

I think you're right.  I will speak to him more at length and see what he's thinking.

I was thinking about renting a cabana and decorating it for them and having it done there.  But ultimately it's not my call.  But if I could somehow get them to swim over a dolphin with a ring box in his mouth to her..... LOL

+1

Big difference between $1500 and 1500 pesos but i don’t know what is included. Probably need a driver for the day to go to Punta Sur but the light house could work?

1 hour ago, LadyMac72 said:

After more discussions, his thinking is to rent a private cabana at Chankanaab and buy the photographer's services for it.  Anyone rented one of these cabanas?  Specifically VIP Cabana 1?

Yes that would probably work. That was where I thought the package was initially.

I haven’t  seen many reviews on CC but I have read various blog reviews about them, TA cozumel forum (which caters more to land visitors), and probably you-tube.

Edited by c-leg5