Radiance boring for kids?

We are currently booked for a June 2023 sailing out of Galveston on Allure (local to Houston area, so no flights….YAY!). We have three boys who will be 6, 8, and 10 at the time of sailing. I just booked us for a 9 day Radiance sailing for next March. Lots of attractive things about this sailing- 1) it’s out of Galveston, 2) it’s 9 days, 3) it goes to Coco Cay (which we all love) plus some ports we haven’t been to yet (most Galveston sailings just hit the same ports that we are fairly sick of), 3) it is during our spring break, and  4) the 2BR suite was available. Lots of positives there. My only hesitation is it is such a small ship. Kids have done Harmony and Liberty. With three at sea days, I’m not sure what there is for them to do. The pool is tiny, there’s one very basic water slide, etc. 

If you have cruise on Radiance with kids in that age group, how was it?

Idk about the other ports. Key west voted again against larger cruise ships docking..maybe last night.

Bimini is a beach, and not much more. 

Coco cay cruise it will only cost more, enjoy coco cay. 

I know a lot who booked the b2b 9 and 10 days. The 10 day has 2 new ports. Columbia and panama. Be glad you got coco cay imo out Galveston. I would have except I have oasis next spring break. If you were worried post and ask before you book !! Lol now is too late to worry. Just go and make the most of it. 

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk about the other ports. Key west voted again against larger cruise ships docking..maybe last night.

Bimini is a beach, and not much more. 

Coco cay cruise it will only cost more, enjoy coco cay. 

I know a lot who booked the b2b 9 and 10 days. The 10 day has 2 new ports. Columbia and panama. Be glad you got coco cay imo out Galveston. I would have except I have oasis next spring break. If you were worried post and ask before you book !! Lol now is too late to worry. Just go and make the most of it. 

Definitely not too late, deposit isn’t due until the 10th and I can extend that option for another week or so. I saw that 10 day and that seems super cool. The B2B would be epic.  My kids are happy spending all day on the beach so I’m not too worried about the ports. We did a cabana in Coco Cay and it was so much fun, we could barely get them back on the ship. 

• Like 1