Documents/luggage tags

rcandkc

It may vary with your geographic location (if non-US...Texas is part of the US, right?) and Seven Seas Society status, so I can only relate our recent experience on Splendor last month.  We got a documents package which contained punch-out bag tags which had the deck number only and needed to be filled out with your name, suite # and contact information.  Please a couple of leather Regent bag tags (we're platinum) which actually have nothing to do with the boarding process.  So, I filled out the punch-out tags in advance and placed them on the bags after we arrived in Miami.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Portolan said:

It may vary with your geographic location (if non-US...Texas is part of the US, right?) and Seven Seas Society status, so I can only relate our recent experience on Splendor last month.  We got a documents package which contained punch-out bag tags which had the deck number only and needed to be filled out with your name, suite # and contact information.  Please a couple of leather Regent bag tags (we're platinum) which actually have nothing to do with the boarding process.  So, I filled out the punch-out tags in advance and placed them on the bags after we arrived in Miami.

Last time I looked we were still part of US😜.  We are gold so not platinum but I still think for the money they could send luggage tags.  Guess we will see. 

Regent has been trialling a new system for their European customers only, according to a previous thread:

Hopefully Regent have now realised that the minor cost, environmental & administration  benefits of the experiment are outweighed by customer dissatisfaction 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Regent has been trialling a new system for their European customers only, according to a previous thread:

Hopefully Regent have now realised that the minor cost, environmental & administration  benefits of the experiment are outweighed by customer dissatisfaction 

Best of luck with that - don't hold your breath!🤣

All our documents were emailed to us but no deck luggage tags. 

We are in the UK so part of the trial. 

We were told we would have to collect tags at the port and fill them in, but we had a complimentary pre cruise night in Rome and our luggage was taken by lorry to the port and appeared in our suite. 

I did attach labels that I did myself before putting outside our room for collection. 

30 minutes ago, Boatmans Lady said:

I did attach labels that I did myself before putting outside our room for collection. 

How would they have identified your deck & suite number had you not attached your DiY labels?

Did the Regent representative at the hotel have a supply of Regent deck luggage tags?

11 hours ago, rcandkc said:

Last time I looked we were still part of US😜.  We are gold so not platinum but I still think for the money they could send luggage tags.  Guess we will see. 

You may, indeed, get luggage tags (we have a drawer full of them), but not the "deluxe" leather ones.  Just to be clear, that's not a major benefit of reaching Platinum.  The most useful are the flight deviation fee waiver, the excursion discounts and (at least when we were keeping in touch with a very old relative), the 6 additional hours of ship-to-shore phone (though we never busted our 3 hours when Gold).

And, again, the actual luggage tags play no part in the boarding process.  Just the punch-out deck-coded cardboard ones which you personalize with your suite number.

The final documents come in a 9" x 12" zippered (on two sides) case.  Nice home for a large tablet.

19 minutes ago, Portolan said:

You may, indeed, get luggage tags (we have a drawer full of them), but not the "deluxe" leather ones.  Just to be clear, that's not a major benefit of reaching Platinum.  The most useful are the flight deviation fee waiver, the excursion discounts and (at least when we were keeping in touch with a very old relative), the 6 additional hours of ship-to-shore phone (though we never busted our 3 hours when Gold).

And, again, the actual luggage tags play no part in the boarding process.  Just the punch-out deck-coded cardboard ones which you personalize with your suite number.

The final documents come in a 9" x 12" zippered (on two sides) case.  Nice home for a large tablet.

I was talking about the ones which tell them which  suite to put luggage in.  In past ours have been flexible material with very sticky end for attaching.  

28 minutes ago, rcandkc said:

I was talking about the ones which tell them which  suite to put luggage in.  In past ours have been flexible material with very sticky end for attaching.  

Those have gone away.  And as far as I recall, they only had the deck number on them anyway.  I'd print labels then (and now) to add the other details.  So, other than the method of attachment, the new tags are pretty much the same.

16 hours ago, flossie009 said:

How would they have identified your deck & suite number had you not attached your DiY labels?

Did the Regent representative at the hotel have a supply of Regent deck luggage tags?

I have no idea, I can only think that they attached tags when they picked them up from outside the rooms, but I was glad that I had put my own tags on with deck number, suite number and name. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 11:23 AM, flossie009 said:

I can only speak about our experience, we had a pre night stay at the Hotel Sofia Barcelona. We were given luggage labels by the Regent team at the hotel  to attach to our luggage ourselves, what was not good for us was the fact they wanted to pick our luggage up at 8am when we were not going to be picked up for our transfer until 12.45. We sorted it out with the hotel who told us to just ring the reception up when it was convenient.

• Thanks 1