COVID PCR testing site in Hamburg?

Twoafloat

Does anyone have a suggestion for a reliable PCR testing site near the Hamburg Cruise Port?

We are returning to New York from Hamburg on the QM2 on June 22, 2022. Cunard rules say we have to have a negative PCR test within 48 hours of departure (unlike the New York departure that states within two days) 

so we apparently need to get tested by June 20th, before 5:00 pm, to meet Cunard deadline.

So, we’ll need a quick 2 hr turnaround test.

Any ideas?

thanks

We are also on this crossing.  We will be flying from Paris to Hamburg on June 21.  We may get a PCR test in Paris.  But my understanding is that the alternative is an antigen test within 24 hours of departing on the QM2.  So we plan to ask our hotel in Hamburg for a supervised antigen testing site that is close to the Hotel, Hotel Adina.

• Like 1

We are also trying to figure out the testing. We arrive in Hamburg from Copenhagen on June 21. We will disembarking from a Silversea Cruise on June 21 so no time in Copenhagen to get a test unless we can at the airport there. I am writing our hotel in Hamburg to see if they can assist with organizing this. A friend who is German said there is a supervised via zoom home test provided by Lufthansa and wondered if there was one that similar for the cruise. She is also helping me investigate . If I find out anything I will post it here. 

We are also on this crossing and fly into Hamburg on 20th June . Not booked hotel yet but understand only need LFT 24 hrs before observed or PCR 48 hrs. 
Hopefully will find somewhere to go in Hamburg . The airport I believe have some  testing centres but we will need one in town . Any advice appreciated. Thanks . 

On 4/15/2022 at 6:56 PM, JSR said:

A friend who is German said there is a supervised via zoom home test provided by Lufthansa 

I´ve never heard about this offered by LH and I fly with them frequently.

There are plenty of test stations here in Germany. Many pharmacies do tests. Mine provides a certificate in German and English. There´s just nothing close to the cruise terminal in Steinwerder. But you will find test stations at the airport, near the central station and all over downtown.

steamboats

@steamboats if you would like more details I can try and ask her. 

We have decided to test at the airport in Denmark prior to boarding our flight to Hamburg. It makes it simple and it will be done. Also, should we test positive the isolation in Denmark is shorter then in Germnay.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:33 PM, JSR said:

@steamboats if you would like more details I can try and ask her. 

Thanks, currently we don´t need any tests for flying anymore except to the US. I also have a pharmacy across the street which is testing Sundays (and I have an appoinment in about 2 hours as I need a test for a cruise tomorrow).

But over the last two years I never heard that LH is offering video supervised tests. At least not for Germans as we do have plenty of testing sites (for free).

steamboats

• Like 1