New CVS COVID testing rules?

Oldsweets

On 4/23/2022 at 7:21 AM, twins_to_alaska said:

I still can't sign up for a CVS rapid antigen test in my area (Baltimore) but I can sign up for a 1-2 day PCR test.

Find a rapid type test. In January, we did the cvs PCR test. We were told results in 1-2 days. Figured we were ok since Oceania had a 72 hour limit.  There was a clause that stating it may take longer .  It did. It was 4 days before we got results.  We canceled the cruise.

The CVS's in my area have stopped the rapid antigen tests as a standalone, but they are still offering them if you agree to go to a minute clinic appointment to get the test, and it says you will get your results pretty much immediately during the appointment. Walgreens has gotten rid of the rapid antigen as well, they still have the rapid naat, but you don't really see that type listed anywhere so not sure if it counts or not.

4 hours ago, kcmo74 said:

The CVS's in my area have stopped the rapid antigen tests as a standalone, but they are still offering them if you agree to go to a minute clinic appointment to get the test, and it says you will get your results pretty much immediately during the appointment. Walgreens has gotten rid of the rapid antigen as well, they still have the rapid naat, but you don't really see that type listed anywhere so not sure if it counts or not.

A NAAT  test could be a PCR test.  Depends on the lab.

It is all very confusing.

The problem with the PCR tests is they can take several days to get results.  Too risky for pre-cruise testing.

1 hour ago, LB_NJ said:

Glad you found this, while the PCR test is too risky because of the turn around time, I have a 4 year old who is required to take a PCR 3 days before and an antigen at the port. I have been worried the PCR may not be back in time, but it appears the NAAT is the same kind of molecular test so we should be all good doing that and it is a rapid test with results in 24 hrs or less.