Upsell Upgrades

ciaoYacht

Traveling on Ovation soon, and I'm just curious if Seabourn ever offers upsell upgrades to better cabins?  I am traveling in V2 category and not sure I would be interested in the same room with different (better) location, but would be interested in a larger room.  If they do sell upgrades, what is the process?  Do they contact guests by email prior to departure?  Will they become available on the booking page?  Or do they do so at the departure port?  And are there any strategies to get a "good" upgrade deal?  I've watched a few YouTube videos that said ask about an upgrade the day after departure and they may have a great deal.

Yes they do. We have received both of ours in email form a few weeks before our cruise. The offers were for upgrades to larger suites, not our same suite at a higher level. Jump on it quickly as they can go very fast. Best to jot down the current pricing of larger suites you might choose, just to be sure you're truly getting a great deal. And be cautious of any suites that may still be available because of anchor noise, windows directly out to a public space or any other concerns. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've received such offers a number of times, and we haven't found them to be bargains by any means. We've always remained in our previously booked suite. (If we hadn't been able to get our preferred suite location originally, perhaps we'd be more tempted to pay for an offered upgrade — but if we couldn't get a good suite location originally, the cruise is likely full enough that there wouldn't be an upgrade offer!)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We always book a guarantee and usually get upgrade offers to a V5/V6. Never bought the upgrade. We usually end up in a V5/V6 anyway. Hasn't always worked out that way, but never had any regrets.

• Like 2

Re V5/6. we have been upgraded to a V6 as per the deck plans, but as far as pricing goes, I only see up to a V4 listed.  Is that so they can "upgrade you" two category's and essentially you are still in the same size suite?

15 hours ago, bohaiboy said:

Re V5/6. we have been upgraded to a V6 as per the deck plans, but as far as pricing goes, I only see up to a V4 listed.  Is that so they can "upgrade you" two category's and essentially you are still in the same size suite?

I believe that SB has changed their suite classes so there is only V1 - V4.  At this time all the V1s on deck 5 have been closed off as quarantine suites (at least on the Ovation).  There really is no difference between V2 to V4 other than location.  Our own preference are suites on Deck 7 or 8 because it makes it easy to use the steps for just about any deck.  

We have always done well with booking guarantees.  For example, we are now on the Ovation where we booked the lowest cost V1 guarantee and got an upgrade to a convenient deck 8 V4.  But we would have been fine with any cabin V2 or higher.

Hank

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
On 4/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, MWillow said:

If you are curious about the availability of an upsell upgrade give reservations a call 2-3 weeks before boarding and ask.  

Rang Seabourn - told no point ringing reservations - nothing they can do. Upsell offers come from Inventory section via email on “first come first serve basis”.
Said reservations do not even see upsell emails.