I'm not clear on the mobility forms

atexsix

Could somebody please explain what these are for?  I looked them up for several cruise lines and they all imply it's for accessible staterooms or some type of accommodation for tours and shore excursions; none of which we need, and the form for Princess starts out with "our records indicate you'll be traveling with a mobility device"...what records?  I never informed them of this because I don't know if it's going to be needed until a couple days before we sail.  I'm only thinking about bringing a wheelchair "just in case" because all the walking may cause my Dad's feet to swell, and I don't want my him to be uncomfortable half way through the cruise.  

On 4/13/2022 at 3:33 PM, maureencruiser said:

If you don't require anything from the cruise line, you don't have to fill out any forms. You are allowed to bring a wheelchair with you. 

On 4/14/2022 at 4:42 PM, Covepointcruiser said:

In an emergency such as lifeboat evacuation, would your father require mobility assistance?   If not, don’t fill out the form.   If he will and you don’t fill out a form, a crew member will not be allocated to assist your father.

Thanks!  I checked several cruise lines and only Carnival was the most clear about this.  

I am confused because you started another thread stating that you WOULD require assistance for your Dad?  " Dear Dad is going to have the terminal staff wheel him through security and check in and then ship staff will take over, that's the only time he'll need a chair, for the rest of the trip he can use a walker, I can carry it on myself, but wondering if it can be checked?".  Not for nothing and a little unsolicited advice, I have started using a mobility scooter on my cruises and it is the best money I have ever spent.  Obviously, I don't know your Dad's limitations, but remember, the ships are three football fields long.  Is he really capable of walking that distance with his walker multiple times a day, waiting in lines for elevators, buffets, etc?   I've rented twice and am looking to buy now.  I used Scootaround and they were fantastic.  I originally booked for one week, using the USCRUISE discount code, my rental was $225 for the week.  I added a second week before I cruised and that only added $25 to my price!  While on the ship, I added a third week and Scootaround only charged me an additional $14.  Needless to say, I was thrilled.  Anyway, good luck to you and your Dad.  

I called Carnival Special Needs dept. with question on the form for my dads accessible room. I told them my husband was bringing a wheelchair (not accessible room) and they made me fill out a form for husband because he as bringing a wheelchair.