Prohibited Items

Delbankin

We are due on our first Azamara cruise in June and were reviewing the booking conditions when we saw a list of prohibited items. The list included what we would refer to in the UK as hair straighteners. We have been on multiple cruises with the majority of cruise lines and have never had an issue with this. Does anyone know if Azamara enforce this e.g. if the items are discovered in luggage or in the cabin, are they removed. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but we did look on the forum and couldn’t find anything.

6 minutes ago, Delbankin said:

We are due on our first Azamara cruise in June and were reviewing the booking conditions when we saw a list of prohibited items. The list included what we would refer to in the UK as hair straighteners. We have been on multiple cruises with the majority of cruise lines and have never had an issue with this. Does anyone know if Azamara enforce this e.g. if the items are discovered in luggage or in the cabin, are they removed. Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but we did look on the forum and couldn’t find anything.

I've never had a problem packing one in my luggage, most recently on the Quest last month.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delbankin said:

This is what I see...no mention of hair straighteners as prohibited

PROHIBITED ITEMS

• Firearms & ammunition, including realistic replicas
  • Sharp objects, including knives and scissors (Personal grooming items such as safety razors and scissors with blades less than 4 inches are allowed)
  • Illegal drugs & substances
  • Candles & incense
  • Coffee makers, clothes irons, & hot plates
  • Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, bows & arrows
  • Skateboards & surfboards
  • Martial arts gear
  • Self-defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks
  • Flammable liquids and explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks
  • HAM radios
  • Dangerous chemicals, including bleach and paint
  • Electric water kettles
  • Extension Cords and Multi-Plug Outlets/Power Strips
  • Like 1

Thanks Leo_on_Geo but this is what I see on their booking conditions:

You must not pack in any luggage or bring on board any item specified as dangerous or illegal. Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring on board, but is not intended to be an exhaustive list:

• Firearms, explosives & ammunition, including realistic replicas

• Sharp objects, including knives and scissors (personal grooming items such as safety razors and scissors with blades less than 4 inches are allowed)

• Illegal drugs & intoxicating substances

• Candles, diffusers & incense

• Coffee makers, kettles, clothes irons, heated hair curlers & hot plates

Can you imagine the uproar Azamara would create if they confiscated heated hair straighteners and heated hair curlers from boarding passengers?

I've had my heated hair curler on Celebrity, Regent, Oceania, and Seabourn with never a problem.

• Like 2

I had a travel iron in the case. When we got on board there was an orange sticker on my case with an iron symbol. Nobody said a word. I am guessing it would highlight the cabin steward and they are happy to keep people happy. We had our kettle and was asked to just put it in the cupboard out of sight!

Thanks so much to everybody for replies. My wife will be happy. As I said we have cruises with many other lines and have never had a problem with hair styling items. Looking forward to our first Azamara cruise.

Del