Hotel in Anchorage HAL uses ?

Freckles1983

Taking the Y1 triple Denali + Yukon departing Vancouver on June 5th. 
we will be in anchorage on June 13th and I’m trying to book a rental vehicle for that day.  Does anyone know what hotel we are likely to be staying in?  I’d like to be able to pick up and drop off the rental as close as reasonably possible to where we are staying.  TIA 🙂

1 hour ago, jstarling said:

The Westmark website says it is closed until later in May?

I am pretty sure it is seasonal all the time.  It was open last summer. I am pretty certain that HAL act owns this property.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong 

Ooo I hope we get to stay at the Captain Cook, it looks so cool from the google pics.  Thanks for the replies.  Turns out I can still only pick up a rental from the airport 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

cars are a hot commodity out there. Never thought I’d pay $500 CAD for a Nissan Rogue for 10 hrs 🤣

my husband asked if we got a super car for that price.  Boy will he be delighted hahah

Edited by Freckles1983
Spelling

I had informed on another thread a while ago that the Westmark was closed for most of the pandemic, if not all. Someone replied they thought it was open or reopening, so I drove by, and the hotel is no longer boarded up, so I do believe they’re planning a normal season. Holland America most commonly uses the Westmark, with a backup of the Captain Cook. The Captain Cook is a lot nicer than the Westmark, although the Westmark was hopefully improved when they renovated it after our earthquake a few years ago. 

5 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I had informed on another thread a while ago that the Westmark was closed for most of the pandemic, if not all. Someone replied they thought it was open or reopening, so I drove by, and the hotel is no longer boarded up, so I do believe they’re planning a normal season. Holland America most commonly uses the Westmark, with a backup of the Captain Cook. The Captain Cook is a lot nicer than the Westmark, although the Westmark was hopefully improved when they renovated it after our earthquake a few years ago. 

Last summer we were thinking of going up there for a week and it showed up as reservable.