Barcelona

kasowell2

I posted this on the Spain board but got no responses so I'm posting it here in hopes of an answer.

Hopefully we will be ending our European cruise in Barcelona. I was thinking about getting a late flight back and was wondering if cruised, Celebrity cruises, offer an excursion that picks you up at the ship does the city tour and then drop you off at the airport?

42 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

I posted this on the Spain board but got no responses so I'm posting it here in hopes of an answer.

Hopefully we will be ending our European cruise in Barcelona. I was thinking about getting a late flight back and was wondering if cruised, Celebrity cruises, offer an excursion that picks you up at the ship does the city tour and then drop you off at the airport?

Typically, Celebrity offers such a tour (concluding with an airport drop off) at the disembarkation port with guidelines that your flight has to leave no earlier than a certain time.  If it is offered, it should appear in your Cruise Planner.

image.png.59b66687274cd70b9dbd008694494685.png

image.png.dcd579657390a99669a420e10eff7207.png

Edited by mahdnc

When I searched Celebrity's website for Barcelona shore excursions, I came across this (link to web page).  Your flight has to depart after 4 pm.

Barcelona.JPG

Edited by mahdnc

We hired someone from Tours by Locals to pick us up at the airport in the morning, give us a tour, and then drop us off at the ship. I'm sure you could arrange to reverse the pickup and drop-off. 

2 hours ago, kasowell2 said:

We did an excursion to Montserrat after our cruise and it was awesome.  However we did one extra night in Barcelona and had a flight for the next day.  Well worth the stress of trying to catch a flight the same day as you debark.  Barcelona is an amazing city.  Probably my most favourite.  You may want to extend your vacation a little longer and visit the city.  So much to see and so many fabulous restaurants.

• Like 2

I agree with the suggestion to spend some time in Barcelona post-cruise if you can. Even a day so you could see La Sagrada Familia and some other sites would be worth it.

If you can't, I agree with the recommendation above to check out Spain Day Tours (Barcelona Day Tours).  It's been a few years since we used them, but they do a great job with private shore excursions and have a justifiably excellent reputation here on CC.  (Check them out in the Spain Port of Call forum.)  

• Like 1

Our experience is that flights from Europe to the US tend to be morning flights arriving late afternoon/ evening while flights from US to Europe are late afternoon flights arriving the next morning.

Also, having just spent 4 nights in Barcelona before cruising on Apex last fall I would definitely endorse the recommendation to spend a few days if possible.

• Like 1