Discover Roatan - Cancel review

bigrednole

I know some people have had a good experience with them, but read their cancelation rules carefully before booking. We did not port and now it is going to be a long drawn out process to get our refund. We will seen in about 6-weeks if we get it back or I have to fight them with my credit card company.

This is not rocket science people. The policy is full refund if your ship doesn't port. Ours didn't the refund should be automatic without jumping through hoops and waiting. I will update later on how the process flows.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have to give credit to Discover Roatan. We did just receive our refund. We new the 4% penalty for any refund, so that was no issue. I do however give them a minus on it taking 7 weeks. When we do get to go to Roatan again, we will be using another service. But for those that have booked with them, I can assure you a refund will eventually come.

Edited by bigrednole

Once upon a time I switched credit card payments, I over paid, by a lage amount,  one credit card and under paid the other. When I figured it out I called, they said it would be a FOUR week waiting period to get  it back. I was stunned you can take it in a matter of seconds but I can't have it back for four weeks. At four weeks and one day I called again, asked where my refund was. For whatever reason.. it had not happened and they said another four weeks. You can bet I was not happy. Anywho, 10 weeks on I got the refund, cashed out my points, canceled the card and will NEVER again dop any businees with Bank of America. 

Some days just don't go the way I think they should. I have to remember,  the whole of the world doesn't revolve around me...even when the subject is my hard earned dollars. :0)