Covid tests for UK passengers

Hi, does anyone have any links for proctored covid tests that can be bought in the UK in advance of our Barcelona cruise? I’ve only seen links to US sites and RC only seem to have affiliated links with US companies. I just want to ensure we’re selecting the correct ones!

Also, looking for places in Barcelona to get the kids tested if anyone knows of anywhere….

Thanks 😃

Are you staying in Barcelona pre cruise ? Might be worth asking your hotel/accommodation provider if they can arrange.

We’ve just done this in Barbados and the hotel were very helpful in arranging PCR tests for the kids.

2 hours ago, Cloud_Collector said:

Hi, are negative lateral flow tests sufficient ?

Sorry found the answer to my own question  - it's a 'no'

A lateral flow (antign) test is sufficient this year - but it must be supervised. So either taken in person at a testing centre, or taken during a supervised video call. The latter are what dochq offer as linked to above.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gumpxyz said:

Hi, does anyone have any links for proctored covid tests that can be bought in the UK in advance of our Barcelona cruise? I’ve only seen links to US sites and RC only seem to have affiliated links with US companies. I just want to ensure we’re selecting the correct ones!

Also, looking for places in Barcelona to get the kids tested if anyone knows of anywhere….

Thanks 😃

we are using Lloyds for our cruise 22 May 

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/covid-19-lateral-flow-test

£29.99 , book local and takes 15 mins 

• Thanks 1

My mother is cruising on Enchanted Princess from Southampton at beginning of May - here is a link to the medically observed tests that Princess recommends:

Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30). Order your Lateral Flow Antigen test kit online^.

Would be helpful if RC had a link to a U.K. provider. I will see how my mother gets on. I’m in two minds as to whether I will cancel my Anthem of Seas cruise to Fiords at the  end of May  but will definitely keep Brilliance of the Seas in August.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

My mother is cruising on Enchanted Princess from Southampton at beginning of May - here is a link to the medically observed tests that Princess recommends:

Princess recommends an option for an FDA-authorized, medically supervised at-home antigen test kit through our testing partner Prenetics™ (£30). Order your Lateral Flow Antigen test kit online^.

Would be helpful if RC had a link to a U.K. provider. I will see how my mother gets on. I’m in two minds as to whether I will cancel my Anthem of Seas cruise to Fiords at the  end of May  but will definitely keep Brilliance of the Seas in August.

maybe look at the local Lloyds option

https://lloydspharmacy.com/pages/covid-19-lateral-flow-test

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Thanks that looks good as Lloyds have a pharmacy inside our local Sainsburys.

Yeah someone posted for our cruise, saying they using them, so we booked the day before as can book online pay in store, so get booking will not cost until you pay in store.  glad you pass on help that someone else gave us

2 hours ago, Garden_Girl said:

Thinking of using either Dam Health, DocHQ or Lloyds Pharmacy. Does anyone have any experience of these so far?  I understand DocHQ are proctored online and the others are appointments/in person. 

Others and us are using the Lloyds ones, book online and pay instore, they will do the test for you , and insure your a cert to say if clear etc, that can be used, so best option as local for most

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have just booked lloyds for aug even though no teating is required to enter italy. 

Just seems RCL want people to test before boarding. 

Hopefully by aug there will be a change or removal of the testing requirement.

My only concern is what the day before means......ie bording at 3 pm do we need testing after 3pm the day before?

11 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We have just booked lloyds for aug even though no teating is required to enter italy. 

My only concern is what the day before means......ie bording at 3 pm do we need testing after 3pm the day before?

No, the day before means anytime after one minute past midnight, definitely as we have already done it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Does this help :

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

We have used Testing For All on a number of occasions - their supervised lateral flow tests were accepted for entry into the US and for RC pre-boarding testing requirements. They are a non-profit and have been very reliable and easy to use. Delivery of the kit is usually next day and you book your test video time slot. 

• Like 1

Lloyds Pharmacy is doing in-store "Rapid Covid-19 Lateral Flow Tests" for £29.99

This is is done by a pharmacy technician who then provides a certificate within 20 mins.

Is this enough of a “antigen test" that Royal Caribbean will accept?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1