Quebec City in less than a day?

RN_Prof

23 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I was going to book this hotel (It does look charming, centrally located and priced right)…unfortunately, it doesn’t have an elevator and I pack way to heavy to lug cases up stairs, so I chose Hotel 71, which is also well reviewed.  I’m am really looking forward to my upcoming stay in Quebec City.

I am sure they have staff that would take your luggage to your room. And I must have missed that........I will ask for help.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:24 PM, Ashland said:

We spent a short time pre-cruise and felt like we saw and experience a good easy overview.

We stayed at the Auberge Place d' Armes (with a view of) right across from the Frontenac. A wonderful small hotel with a great location...walking distance to everything we wanted to see.

Another question, before I call the hotel, did they have help with luggage since there are no elevators?

Decided to cancel and find a place with an elevator. I am recovering from a leg issue and want to make sure it is elevator friendly.

On 7/15/2022 at 8:38 AM, Lois R said:

Decided to cancel and find a place with an elevator. I am recovering from a leg issue and want to make sure it is elevator friendly.

That's too bad because there is staff there and very helpful. We're only talking about a couple of stairs...not what you're assuming at all.

On 7/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, chefchick said:

I was going to book this hotel (It does look charming, centrally located and priced right)…unfortunately, it doesn’t have an elevator and I pack way to heavy to lug cases up stairs, so I chose Hotel 71, which is also well reviewed.  I’m am really looking forward to my upcoming stay in Quebec City.

This no elevator issue isn't what you're assuming at all. We're only talking about a couple of stairs and they have amazing helpful staff. Sorry you'll miss out on this wonderful small hotel. And yes I'm an extremely heavy packer and we had 3 large suitcases. 

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

This no elevator issue isn't what you're assuming at all. We're only talking about a couple of stairs and they have amazing helpful staff. Sorry you'll miss out on this wonderful small hotel. And yes I'm an extremely heavy packer and we had 3 large suitcases. 

I may be have been able to get the staff to assist me upon check in, but I have a six AM flight the next morning so I doubt there would be anyone to help me with my bags at check out…I travel solo, so I don’t rely on other’s to assist me and therefore an elevator is a bit of a non negotiable…. I appreciate your advice, but am confident I’ll enjoy the hotel I chose.

30 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I may be have been able to get the staff to assist me upon check in, but I have a six AM flight the next morning so I doubt there would be anyone to help me with my bags at check out…I travel solo, so I don’t rely on other’s to assist me and therefore an elevator is a bit of a non negotiable…. I appreciate your advice, but am confident I’ll enjoy the hotel I chose.

Each traveler has specific needs and sounds like you've opted with what's best for you.

Enjoy your travels.