Diamond & Platinum party?

HakunaMatada

On the Dream in both April and May (2022). Both Diamond/Platinum parties were very scaled back compared to recent ones on Breeze and Vista (best). On dream we got one drink, no games, no food, no entertainment. You could have been lucky and been in path of a waiter to get a second drink, but there was easily 200 in party with 4 waiters. The cruise director MarQ also said the exact same thin in May as in April, including the same flat jokes.

Another "difference" I don't see people pointing out is the change to who can attend the parties. It used to be only the VIP, and they checked your individual invitations. Now, the invitation says you can bring a guest. I don't want to be a total snob, but it is Carnival stating they don't have enough staff, and that the number of Diamonds and Platinums is large. Well, the EASIEST way to fix this is reduce that number; only Diamond and Platinum attendance!  I saw (both April and May) as many RED and BLUE badges in the party as the VIPs. Common sense here.

• Like 1

It has to be a ship by ship thing. In November we had the captain, a large representation of his staff, plentiful drinks and lots of food. They loaded me up with 16oz beers to take to the rest of our party that were not platinum or diamond due to a tub full of beer and poor attendance.

This was on the Breeze from here in Galveston.

On the Glory May 22nd. We are platinum and were given 2 complimentary drinks. Got the first drink at the atrium bar. Went to get the second drink at the Red Frog and the bartender said no free drinks and refused to take my S&S card. I showed him the letter and he said go to Customer Service. I went to Customer Service and they called the bar manager and told him the details and asked to handle the problem. Walked over to atrium bar and got my 2nd drink without issue. Carnival also gave me 2 additional drinks due to the problem. They said this is a new process and they have to workout the kinks.

Guest BasicSailor
9 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

On the Glory May 22nd. We are platinum and were given 2 complimentary drinks. Got the first drink at the atrium bar. Went to get the second drink at the Red Frog and the bartender said no free drinks and refused to take my S&S card. I showed him the letter and he said go to Customer Service. I went to Customer Service and they called the bar manager and told him the details and asked to handle the problem. Walked over to atrium bar and got my 2nd drink without issue. Carnival also gave me 2 additional drinks due to the problem. They said this is a new process and they have to workout the kinks.

With Carnival changing the rules daily, I'm sure quite a few people have found that those guest service lines to be longer these days.

40 minutes ago, Momma1980 said:

Just off the Mardi Gras. No Platinum party. We were allowed two free drinks during the cruise. Redeemable at any bar. 

Did you tell them when to use the free drinks OR was it the first 2 drinks you ordered after boarding?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingAgain said:

Did you tell them when to use the free drinks OR was it the first 2 drinks you ordered after boarding?

I was asked "do you want to use your free drink on this" and I said yes.  This happened twice.

• Like 1

Just off the Miracle yesterday.  No Diamond luncheon and no Platinum/Diamond VIP Party. 

Upon boarding, we were given a letter saying both had been indefinitely suspended, but in their stead, we (and we are Diamond) were given $50/each onboard credit and two free drinks.  Not sure if the Platinums received the $50, but I do know they received the two free drinks.

Garnett

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was asked "do you want to use your free drink on this" and I said yes.  This happened twice.

5 hours ago, crusin okie said:

We had the same experience on the Dream a couple weeks ago.

Thankyou for the answer that I wanted.  😃   I start every cruise with a shrimp burrito and a beer.  And I would rather use the free drinks for frozen drinks on a sunny sea day.  I know it is only a few dollars difference but that's not the point.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:31 PM, CruisingAgain said:

In our case the credits were applied automatically. By the Alchemy bartender for myself and for my daughter, a credit was applied to the brewery tour she had booked.