Celebrity policy on canceling excursions pre-cruise vs during cruise

Honeybadger418

Hi,

I looked on Celebrity’s website, but I can’t find any info on Celebrity’s policy regarding whether refunds are given to passengers who cancel their excursions prior to cruise and whether it differs if the passenger cancels the excursion during the cruise. 

33 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I think there are some excursions that are exceptions to the refund policy so look carefully when you book.

The "Private Excursions" require far more notice, but I don't the OP was asking about those.  If you have OBC to burn, those can be a nice alternative to fixed ship excursions.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

Currently on the Apex and the stated excursion cancellation policy is 4& hrs  before the start time.

Guessing that was 48?  

Weird.  How can they do that?  The whole online policy re cancellation reads as follows, but we know consistency in communications isn't their strong suit:

*Shore Excursions can be cancelled or modified up to 24 hours prior to scheduled tour departure for a full refund. Excludes tours involving flights, trains, special events, overnight stays, hotel stays, Celebrity Exclusives, Multi-day Adventures and Private Journeys. These must be cancelled 30 days prior to sailing to avoid cancellation penalties. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel/honor the tour operator’s cancellations and provide a full refund to the guest folio. Cancellations will be refunded in the original form of payment: onboard credits will be applied to your account, and credit card, debit card, or other form of cash equivalent payments will be credited back to the original form of payment within 30 days.

In the past, if a pre-booked "basic" excursion came on sale, I would cancel and rebook at the lower price with no issues - during the weeks leading up to the cruise.  It was always immediate.