Princess COVID Vaccination/Booster Change Notice received today

Ponderosamom

On 4/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, 2BACRUISER said:

This mandate has been out in Europe and the UK for sometime, Princess are late to the game with updating their policy. Other Carnival brands ( Cunard and P&O)  have had it in place for a while, since March at lleast.Not sure why they've took so long possibly due to the late changes to Enchanted baltic season.

Like 2BACRUISER I am also puzzled as to why Princess took so long to tell you about this we had e mails about this from other cruise lines probably a month ago. 

On 4/25/2022 at 4:56 AM, amajaa said:

Like 2BACRUISER I am also puzzled as to why Princess took so long to tell you about this we had e mails about this from other cruise lines probably a month ago. 

I have come to the conclusion that it was an "oversight" and they did not connect the dots about THE ONE PORT in the EU, which for us is Le Havre. I think someone with eagle eyes spotted the discrepancy and yelled, "Stop the Press... OOOOPS!" Then they had to make the corrections under the Heading for "Cruises from Southampton".

54 minutes ago, nini said:

I have come to the conclusion that it was an "oversight" and they did not connect the dots about THE ONE PORT in the EU, which for us is Le Havre. I think someone with eagle eyes spotted the discrepancy and yelled, "Stop the Press... OOOOPS!" Then they had to make the corrections under the Heading for "Cruises from Southampton".

Dublin and Cork are in the EU as they are in the Republic of Ireland and not in the UK. I don’t know the rules for Ireland though. 

5 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Dublin and Cork are in the EU as they are in the Republic of Ireland and not in the UK. I don’t know the rules for Ireland though. 

Correct. We were aware of that and will get some Euros as well. Anyway, the main point was that many people may need to cancel with this information coming as a surprise. I am aware of CC people on a TA and then a British Isles cruise that begins in Southampton on May 1st. Many are not boosted and will need to return home.

Ah ha I have just this minute got the email from Princess about our June British Isles Cruise. This is what mine says but I don’t know if that just refers to passengers living in the UK.  But it looks like you only have to have had the booster 7 days before sailing or alternatively take a LFT test within 2 days by a registered pharmacist or company.

To board the ship, all guests age five and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation. Testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

21 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Ah ha I have just this minute got the email from Princess about our June British Isles Cruise. This is what mine says but I don’t know if that just refers to passengers living in the UK.  But it looks like you only have to have had the booster 7 days before sailing or alternatively take a LFT test within 2 days by a registered pharmacist or company.

To board the ship, all guests age five and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation. Testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

This is from the Princess website. Booster is required:

Current Health Protocols for Cruises

For cruises departing from Southampton on:

• Sky Princess® from 28 March
  • Emerald Princess® from 1 May
  • Enchanted Princess® from 4 May
  • Island Princess® from 13 June

• Vaccinations
    • Guests must have received their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before the beginning of the cruise and provide acceptable proof at terminal check-in.
    • Boosters are required for guests 12 years and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days).
  • Testing
    • At terminal check-in guests must provide proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken before or at embarkation.

@nini u r reading it wrong. You only need the booster if your 2nd dose was more than 270 days (9mths) ago. 

If you need the booster because you are over that limit then it must  be 7 days before you cruise. I would take more notice of the email than the website they are notorious for being contradictory and out-of date. Get your booster ASAP. Nike. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

@nini u r reading it wrong. You only need the booster if your 2nd dose was more than 270 days (9mths) ago. 

If you need the booster because you are over that limit then it must  be 7 days before you cruise. I would take more notice of the email than the website they are notorious for being contradictory and out-of date. Get your booster ASAP. Nike. 

Thank you. I see what you are saying, however, I do not see mention of the seven days.

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

See the chart in post #55 in the section for up to date vaccines.

I have also posted this chart several times for cruisers on a few different threads (like our Roll Call)...

43 minutes ago, nini said:

I have also posted this chart several times for cruisers on a few different threads (like our Roll Call)...

Yes, but you said you didn’t see mention of seven days and it says it right in there.

UPDATED: Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

For European cruises departing on or after 7 May 2022, COVID-19 vaccine boosters are required for guests 12 guests and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days).

What then about teenagers? I’m cruising (or are we?) with a 15 y.o., and here in Denmark no boosters are offered or available to anyone under 18 y.o. So how can someone over 12 but under 18 get a booster?

Edited by phe8800

3 hours ago, phe8800 said:
UPDATED: Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose?

For European cruises departing on or after 7 May 2022, COVID-19 vaccine boosters are required for guests 12 guests and older whose final dose of an approved/authorized COVID-19 vaccine is older than 9 months (270 days).

What then about teenagers? I’m cruising (or are we?) with a 15 y.o., and here in Denmark no boosters are offered or available to anyone under 18 y.o. So how can someone over 12 but under 18 get a booster?

If your teenager had the 2nd dose within 9mths of cruising they don't need the booster. If your cruise is at a date which is more than 9mths since they had the 2nd dose they do. Check your teenagers vaccinations dates and count forward. 

18 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

If your teenager had the 2nd dose within 9mths of cruising they don't need the booster. If your cruise is at a date which is more than 9mths since they had the 2nd dose they do. Check your teenagers vaccinations dates and count forward. 

it’s been more than 9 months, since my son had his 2nd vaccine/dose .. but the problem is, that a 3 dose isn’t offered to those under 18 y.o. here in Denmark. So I guess this then means, that he can’t cruise under the current restrictions? 

On 4/24/2022 at 12:29 AM, guitarcrazy said:

I find this change frustrating.  The policy until today was fully vaccinated-but did not require a booster.  The sites my itinerary goes to, also do not require a booster.   We made our decision to take the cruise based on the information provided prior to today-including the dropping of covid requirements by all of the countries our cruise would visit.  Princess now has more strict rules than the US, UK, Iceland, Norway, Denmark.  Crazy.  My husband and I both had severe chest pain following our second covid vaccine—we are very nervous about getting an additional vaccine.

Don't you worry, it's simply your mutual imagination, because they promised us a rosy picture on this topic condemning those who dare not to believe it.  So, everything is just fine (use it as a mantra if nothing else helps).

20 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Thank you. That was a main issue for many of us as many received ours/ theirs 14 months ago when the vaccines were rolled out. You have a great screen name!

7 hours ago, phe8800 said:

it’s been more than 9 months, since my son had his 2nd vaccine/dose .. but the problem is, that a 3 dose isn’t offered to those under 18 y.o. here in Denmark. So I guess this then means, that he can’t cruise under the current restrictions? 

Check chart I posted earlier #55, copied here below, it looks as if as long as he has a negative PCR within 3 days he can sail.  Note we are in the UK and received this email, not sure if it applies to other countries

23 hours ago, amajaa said:

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

Fully Vaccinated

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

Edited by amajaa
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, phe8800 said:

Read post #55 it says not fully vaccinated can go of they have a negative pcr 3 days before. You could get this done before you travel and bring proof with you. 

1 minute ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Read post #55 it says not fully vaccinated can go of they have a negative pcr 3 days before. You could get this done before you travel and bring proof with you. 

It’s just, that I think the information given in the letter (e-mail) that some have received, is not the same as what’s posted on the Princess homepage. 
Also, there are different rules when cruising from the UK compared to cruises from the rest of Europe, when it comes to deadline on pre cruise testing. 

4 minutes ago, phe8800 said:

It’s just, that I think the information given in the letter (e-mail) that some have received, is not the same as what’s posted on the Princess homepage. 
Also, there are different rules when cruising from the UK compared to cruises from the rest of Europe, when it comes to deadline on pre cruise testing. 

Websites and homepages are never up to date.  If u r sailing from UK then the email is correct, if other ports in Europe you need to call Princess but expect it would be same rules. 

Edited by 2BACRUISER
Typo