Bubbles on Mardi Gras

craigtompkins

I could have sworn I saw a thread talking about this, but I can't find it via search so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

I'll be on the Mardi Gras in just under 2 weeks and I have Bubbles prepaid.  How does the self serve fountain work?  I guess more specifically, are you required to use a special cup like on Royal or once you scan your card any cup works?  I drink a lot of diet Mtn Dew and I'm trying to decide if it's work it for me to bring a larger Yeti/Tervis type tumbler.

TIA for any info

Craig

Also, be sure to get your ice first and THEN scan your card.  You only get a limited time (15 seconds?  20?) to fill up.   

When you scan your card, do it once and pull the card away.  If the system accidentally scans it twice, it interprets that as a second attempt to get a soda within the 15-minute window and you'll have to wait.  

30 minutes ago, Froglipz said:

I thought the wait time between drink machine use was only 5 minutes?

Correct.

I just grabbed one of their cups, filled it with ice, dumped that in my Yeti. Then scanned the card and I was easily able to fill up two of the plastic cups before the time ran out, then dumped them in my Yeti.

Edited by cruisemom2
  • Like 1