Celebrity Summit 7 night Bermuda 2022

barbon2

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Have you ever seen anyone with the classic Bermuda shorts, long socks and a blazer turned away? It is not just long socks with the shorts, the dress is business attire and is worn with a jacket. Been to Bermuda many times and have seen that attire worn in Hamilton by some Bermuda business men. I never saw anyone on over 15 cruises to Bermuda in the MDR with that attire but perhaps no one had the nerve. A Bermudian on a cruise might. 

Cant say I have seen anybody dressed as classic Bermudian denied entry but also don’t remember don’t remember seeing any on ship. 

We were on this cruise August of 2016 and did see a smartly dressed gentlemen in full Bermudian attire, but that was during the day.  I assumed he was a local that was on board as an "ambassador" to represent his country.  (It was a port day that he was on board)

As for the MDR, let me ask, would a Scotsman be turned away if he showed in full kilt attire?  Of course not, so why should or would someone with the full Bermudian attire?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WayneLaR said:

As for the MDR, let me ask, would a Scotsman be turned away if he showed in full kilt attire?  Of course not, so why should or would someone with the full Bermudian attire?

I don't think they would be turned away in the unlikly event they were in the full Bermuda attire, Bermuda shorts, knee socks, dress shirt a tie and a blue blazer jacket. Passengers only wearing Bermuda shorts I think would be turned away. 

Edited by Charles4515

4 hours ago, WayneLaR said:

We were on this cruise August of 2016 and did see a smartly dressed gentlemen in full Bermudian attire, but that was during the day.  I assumed he was a local that was on board as an "ambassador" to represent his country.  (It was a port day that he was on board)

Kilts have always been accepted, seen many on cruise especially years ago when things were more formal.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Yup, go back to the AOL time, if you go on that East Coast board look for thread Cape Liberty 911.

I started too on the AOL site.  Wonder how Mel is doing, he was always a force to reckon with on the boards.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:38 AM, Redtravel said:

No formal nights unless you want to dress up.  There’s always a few that either love to wear formal attire or didn’t know that formal nights became chic nights. Still don’t know what “chic” means.  From what I have seen on chic nights, many people have different ideas.  Wear what you want.  It’s your cruise. Enjoy!

oh please....don't turn this into a what does chic mean or why should I dress nice thread.

• Thanks 1