Help! Air2Sea cancelled my flight to VCE and I already did final payment including airfare!!!!!

I'm in customer service limbo.  I was charged for airfare that was canceled for some unknown reason back in March.  I've been on the phone with RCCL and Air2Sea for hours and they keep saying it's someone else's department.  I am now just asking for a refund but the airfare I paid doesn't even show up on my reservation.  I can't lose $2300 on top of the non-refundable deposit.  Ugh I used to love Royal I'm one cruise away from being a Diamond member but this is really painful.  I just was on with a supervisor (you know how long it took to get to that point) and I got disconnected again.  😞.  It seems like no one at RCCL cares.  It's not my fault someone canceled my flight.  No one even told me it was canceled I just decided to check.  No e-mail for anyone.  I used to love traveling and planning trips but this is next level painful.  I think I'm 5 hours on hold in.  Any advice?  How can I get my $2300 back?  Are they going to give me a future air voucher omg this is awful.  I'm so sad I can't go on my cruise but new flights are over $3000 for 2 and they are horrible routes/times.  I've been nothing but polite but no love from RCCL.  

If you didn't book through a travel agent the onus is on you to represent yourself in this situation.  No one here can help you.

Grab a coffee, watch something on Netflix, keep calling back, enjoy the music on hold.  You'll eventually reach the right person or department who can assist.  Hang in there.  In the meantime search through emails for any confirmation emails and search your credit card statements for the dates that payments were processed.  You'll need that anyways if you end up doing a chargeback if no one can find a record of your flight purchase.

People often say they don't need a travel agent.  It's for moments like this that it's so nice to make one call and tell a TA "fix it" then go and relax while they do all the work.  You may not need a TA when everything goes right.  But when something goes wrong a good TA is worth their weight in gold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

"No one even told me it was canceled I just decided to check.  No e-mail for anyone."

How do you know that Air2Sea (vs the airline) cancelled if you have "no email for anyone"?

I am guessing that if the flight still exists, it wouldn't be the airline having canceled.

They told me.  I had been on a call about another cruise and was trying to cancel that airfare when the call got disconnected.  I called back and continued but unknown to me was that the original agent was also working on it and they canceled my VCE airfare not the Alaska airfare (which was now going to get me to Alaska after the ship departed) I was calling about.  

When are the flights?   If you've booked something more than 2 months from now, it's likely the schedule changed and is in the process of being rebooked.  For some airlines it's automatic and others it's manual if the itinerary is complicated.

In this situation, Air2Sea is effectively the travel agency.   You paid for flights, they are obligated to make you whole.

I had an issue with Air2Sea during Superstorm Sandy and they wouldn't allow us to change flights until the flight was canceled. After hours on the phone, I got Air2Sea to agree to let me handle it on my own. I called the airline directly and they changed us to an earlier flight. If I hadn't done that, we would have not made it to our connecting flight and our arrival in Rome would have been three days later.  I will book one way on the return flight with Air2 Sea but never again getting to the ship.

• Like 1