Boarding disaster at Barcelona Grandiosa

korpo024

We are currently for two hours nos boarding....it's a disaster. Because of a mixed up in times too many people are now boarding at the same time. MSC didn't see this coming. There are hundreds of people standing in a huge row in the sun. This will take a few hours.

We only have the OP’s word the ‘company messed up’…

Its possibly more likely many passengers turned up ay before their allocated embarkation time that has caused the delay. We all know it happens - many people admit to it on these very forums. They get to the cruise terminal at 11.30am even although their boarding time might be 2pm.

Don’t know for sure what the actual reason is - I’m only surmising a possible scenario 🤷🏼

• Thanks 1

Two hours! 

They got their cruise, that's what was paid for...

Never been angry starting a vacation/holiday/cruise...just smiling and happy to not be working.

If you have never seen the process of "turning" a cruise ship (supplies, passengers off/on, crew changes, cleaning, food & beverage prep, etc) and think they are not efficient and hard working professionals...you are blind to others efforts for you to have a cruise vacation.

Think of the standard hotel/resort turn around, checkout 10:00-12:00 check in 15:00-17:00. Cruise lines are Awesome!

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NMsunset said:

Never been angry starting a vacation/holiday/cruise...just smiling and happy to not be working.

You are welcome to those standards, which seem pretty rock-bottom.  You could get the same thing standing at home.  

1 hour ago, NMsunset said:

Think of the standard hotel/resort turn around, checkout 10:00-12:00 check in 15:00-17:00.

Every all-inclusive resort I have stayed at lets you check in earlier and enjoy the facilities before getting to your room.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McHaggis69 said:

Its possibly more likely many passengers turned up ay before their allocated embarkation time that has caused the delay. We all know it happens - many people admit to it on these very forums. They get to the cruise terminal at 11.30am even although their boarding time might be 2pm.

Don’t know for sure what the actual reason is - I’m only surmising a possible scenario 🤷🏼

It should help if MSC let people choose a time for checkin. Everyone would probably not get the time they want but more would than now when they are not asking about when people wants to checkin.

I admin that if we get 3 pm for our cruise next year we will still get there around 10 am.

15 hours ago, baelor said:

You are welcome to those standards, which seem pretty rock-bottom.  You could get the same thing standing at home.  

Every all-inclusive resort I have stayed at lets you check in earlier and enjoy the facilities before getting to your room.

We aren't talking about an all-inclusive letting a few guests have access to their rooms early. This is on a completely different scale. For those that have cruised regularly, they understand the challenge and effort that goes into getting the ship turned around a few mere hours. It is incredible.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jcathers1 said:

This is on a completely different scale. For those that have cruised regularly, they understand the challenge and effort that goes into getting the ship turned around a few mere hours.

I agree.  It is quite impressive.  I was responding to a very specific statement by another user, not trying to compare the two situations.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:05 AM, McHaggis69 said:

The night before EVERYONE got a different (later) embarkation time. But most of cruisers are already on their way or in a hotel...and the changed time was not mentioned (only in small print on the new e-tickets). So yes...MSC messed it up...now everyone came at the time that was originally on their tickets (for weeks).

And now people did have to wait for 5 hours. We were lucky....only four....