ArriveCan question

abby1257

7 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Presumably SeaSickCecil is NOT a Canadian citizen. 

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Yes, in my dry run I entered “Foreign National”.

Thank you both, but I've tried it both ways, as a Canadian and as Discretionary/optional travel (Foreign national). It made no difference to the questions asked with respect to the marine trip.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Thank you both, but I've tried it both ways, as a Canadian and as Discretionary/optional travel (Foreign national). It made no difference to the questions asked with respect to the marine trip.

Here are my entries:

273ED3BC-99D9-4461-A7B9-DE03E6D7B28D.thumb.png.773fe498e76dd6b616b4fb1a420a654b.png

CE4FA874-9400-472D-8DF5-97F5C47B6341.thumb.png.1fd5ce1d6e13dd3e9e222acc3d70fe88.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

Here are my entries:

273ED3BC-99D9-4461-A7B9-DE03E6D7B28D.thumb.png.773fe498e76dd6b616b4fb1a420a654b.png

CE4FA874-9400-472D-8DF5-97F5C47B6341.thumb.png.1fd5ce1d6e13dd3e9e222acc3d70fe88.png

With your dry run, you've indicated Vancouver as the first port of entry. I'm not sure if one can use the embarkation port as the first port of entry in this scenario, but it does seem to get around the problem. Hopefully it would be accepted when submitted. 

3 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

With your dry run, you've indicated Vancouver as the first port of entry. I'm not sure if one can use the embarkation port as the first port of entry in this scenario, but it does seem to get around the problem. Hopefully it would be accepted when submitted. 

Yeah, I think they could have a tip window for that question.  For me, YVR can’t be the first port of entry because that port was already used for the flight to enter Canada.

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

Yeah, I think they could have a tip window for that question.  For me, YVR can’t be the first port of entry because that port was already used for the flight to enter Canada.

Hopefully we'll soon see some live reporting on the issue.

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Presumably SeaSickCecil is NOT a Canadian citizen. 

Doesn't make a difference. If method of entry is by marine one must enter originating country, departure date, port of entry, date of arrival.

As far as I can figure out it is not possible to complete a submission for an itinerary that leaves Canada and does not re-enter.

Using the port of departure gets one by that field. But then what date should be used? The real difficulty is that whatever one puts in the field it would be incorrect. I'm not sure how the authorities would view the knowing submission of false data.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

Hi again everybody.  I did reply on Monday but that response seems to have disappeared.  And I didn't have 'follow topic' turned on so missed much of this discussion.  Once again I want to thank everyone for their help and comments.  The screen shots of the process was especially helpful since I'm a visual learner.  I will be filling out the air portion tonight or tomorrow (flying in Friday morning).  Once that has been successful, I will see if I can update with the cruise portion on Saturday.  If that works, I'll come back here and let you know what happened.  

You all have been so kind...it's why I'm glad I found CC ages ago.

Rachel

• Like 3

This thread was very helpful.  I have my passport and vaccination information entered into Arrivecan for my cruise in August.   I figured out that I cannot enter my flights in until 3 days before the trip, and therefore would not be able to enter the information in for the cruise either.  I understand that I also need to do Covid tests and I will follow the guidelines for have that information uploaded in a timely manner.  

• Like 3

Hi. Just an fyi you don’t need a Covid test to enter Canada.  Currently you need it to board the ship.  Your test doesn’t get added to ArriveCan.  And be warned…we flew in this past Friday and immigration took 90 minutes to clear.  In August it may take longer. Pack your patience. 
Have a great trip.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Hi. Just an fyi you don’t need a Covid test to enter Canada.  Currently you need it to board the ship.  Your test doesn’t get added to ArriveCan.  And be warned…we flew in this past Friday and immigration took 90 minutes to clear.  In August it may take longer. Pack your patience. 
Have a great trip.

Thank you for 

Hi Everybody.  Typing to you from 8017 on Nieuw Amsterdam. Check in was quick and easy.  You do not need ArriveCan docs to check in if you are starting your cruise in Vancouver.  You go through US Customs and Immigration before you board the ship.  Covid test done Friday afternoon at Canada Place location was perfect.  Started check in at 11:45.  Our boarding time was 1pm.  No one cared. Got lunch in the dining room and ready to go enjoy sail away.

thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.  Calm seas and following winds.

rachel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaSickCecil said:

Hi Everybody.  Typing to you from 8017 on Nieuw Amsterdam. Check in was quick and easy.  You do not need ArriveCan docs to check in if you are starting your cruise in Vancouver.  You go through US Customs and Immigration before you board the ship.  Covid test done Friday afternoon at Canada Place location was perfect.  Started check in at 11:45.  Our boarding time was 1pm.  No one cared. Got lunch in the dining room and ready to go enjoy sail away.

thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge.  Calm seas and following winds.

rachel

Your itinerary departs Vancouver, ends in the US and has no Canadian ports?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, broberts said:

Your itinerary departs Vancouver, ends in the US and has no Canadian ports?

Correct.  Also since we fly home from US (Anchorage) no Covid test needed.  Seems like the easiest route.  And we actually see more since we don’t turn around on the 3rd sea day.  

• Thanks 1