Skagway trains to Canada

OKCruiseMan

Just got officially  notified yesterday from my TA of cancellation of our Princess combo White Pass rail(north only) & bus return w/ BBQ lunch etc for July '22. We really don't want the train round trip(will have the very long Alaska rail on our land part of cruisetour). As we are seniors we don't want anything strenuous. We are considering the motorcoach  Easy Skagway: City, Summit & The Days of '98 Show or the Gold Panning & Alaska Sled Dogs then  on our own.. get lunch in Skagway + Days of '98.  Anyone have recommendations on either of these or others. 

have done the coach ride to the summit ... it went into Canada at that time but not far enough that I wouldn't take the coach stopping at the boarder.  Great view..we have done the train and you pass buy what you want to see so quickly that you really miss out on a lot.  The coach follows the highway just opposite the train but they will stop at the great viewing areas or any time you like plus a lot of great stories.  Highly recommend it!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willwils said:

Just got officially  notified yesterday from my TA of cancellation of our Princess combo White Pass rail(north only) & bus return w/ BBQ lunch etc for July '22. We really don't want the train round trip(will have the very long Alaska rail on our land part of cruisetour). As we are seniors we don't want anything strenuous. We are considering the motorcoach  Easy Skagway: City, Summit & The Days of '98 Show or the Gold Panning & Alaska Sled Dogs then  on our own.. get lunch in Skagway + Days of '98.  Anyone have recommendations on either of these or others. 

We booked the round trip with a bus tour of Skagway.  We were notified several weeks ago of our cancellation of the combined bus and train tour. 

On 5/3/2022 at 12:16 PM, OKCruiseMan said:

So with that said, would you think they have already removed the excursions that don't comply?

I'm not all that familiar with this area and not sure from the descriptions. This is the one we are not sure about.

White Pass Rail, Summit, Gold Panning & BBQ Lunch

5.75 hours | Skagway | SGY-250

I recently received a cancellation notice for a Skagway excursion and the White Pass Rail, Summit, Gold Panning and BBQ was suggested as an alternative so you should be fine booking it!

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

I recently received a cancellation notice for a Skagway excursion and the White Pass Rail, Summit, Gold Panning and BBQ was suggested as an alternative so you should be fine booking it!

That one now, unlike the one that got cancelled,  takes the Train round trip without going into Canada. Just goes to the Summit & you can't get off. You have to wait to get back to Skagway and then take a bus to the Gold Panning & BBQ. With Princess 7:30AM - 2:15PM(6.75 hours). We changed to bus to Summitt & crossing into Canada Yukon, the returning to Skagway to see cemetary, etc + highly rated  Days of '98 Show