Covid testing question

Had a conversation with someone cruising Royal soon and it led to a discussion of Covid testing.  I said you will get your money back if you test positive.  They said if that happens they will test again to make sure before I cancel.  I said I don’t think that’s how it works.  They said why not.  They got me in that one.  I didn’t know what prevents it.  

But as I thought  about it later, I’ve never seen that discussion on here and that made me wonder.  Is that like Fight Club where no one talks about it?   Or is a positive test the end of the cruise, period.  I can’t even imagine wanting to get onboard after testing positive since you’d put yourself and others at potential risk for bad outcomes. Having gone through Covid, I’d sooner take my refund, rest, and hope I don’t get too sick again.  However, if someone really thinks they are negative I guess I could understand the desire to confirm it with more tests like they do for some jobs.  

Just curious what the reality is on all this?  Id like to hope that absolutely no one boards because they keep testing until they get a negative result.  

Just now, HOBE SOUND CRUISER said:

What if I do test positive and confirm it?

How do I contact Royal Caribbean?

What happens?

Do I receive a FCC or do I lose my money?

Same as in the other thread - all of the answers are on the RCI site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeBo12RR said:

For RCCL - does anyone know if the Walgreen's NAAT test acceptable?  You get results back in a couple of hours?

Yes. I’m taking this test in Friday for my Sunday cruise.