Change in Covid Embarkation requirements for Europe

JandJ Cruisers

According to the Princess website.  As from 7th May there is a change of Covid embarkation requirements.  an Antigen Test can be carried out up to 3 days prior to boarding, with the exception of passengers boarding in Athens  who still have to take a test 24 hours before embarkation.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ace_Caliente said:

I also see now it is written in bold that it will cost $60 USD per person to have it done at the terminal, whereas before I believe it just said complimentary.

Still free in Athens.

Thanks for the head’s up J&J! Surprised Princess has not advised us as we sail from Barcelona 21May and we’re going to do the C19 Test at the pier AT NO COST. Yes I see where the USD60 per person will go on the cruise folio.

We have made appts to get tested at home 2 days before embarkation.

Good thing I came onto CC and saw this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ace_Caliente said:

I also see now it is written in bold that it will cost $60 USD per person to have it done at the terminal, whereas before I believe it just said complimentary.

At one point it was $100 pp, then free, and now $60 pp.  

57 minutes ago, Alanr204 said:

So is it three days prior including embarkation day or not including? In other words if we’re boarding on a Saturday can the test be done on the Wednesday?  

Yes.

If this requirement sticks, we can do test at home on a Wednesday in late Sep before flying to FCO and the test will be good for boarding day since we land two days prior and depart evening three days prior.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:23 PM, Steelers36 said:

Yes.

If this requirement sticks, we can do test at home on a Wednesday in late Sep before flying to FCO and the test will be good for boarding day since we land two days prior and depart evening three days prior.

“Medically observed at-home test”

• Like 1

Alright, I just can't keep any of this straight anymore.

If this is still the case come August...If we fly out on Wednesday evening (17th) and land at FCO the next morning (18th), but board on the 20th...are we cleared to get a rapid test Wednesday morning-and it fits in the 3-day window or are we better off getting one at one of the many pharmacies in Rome?