VERIFLY?

Just used Verifly at POM and it was very quick and easy--at the port.  At home, it took a bit of time and patience to get it set up.  I had to enter our vax and booster info manually.  I made a mistake on the

time for DH proctored test, and it was rejected.  Entered it again with the correct time and it was quickly accepted.  At the port, I was able to show all three of our profiles on my phone and it quick and painless.  One tip I picked up here--open the app and pull up your profile BEFORE you go in the terminal in case service is spotty indoors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this is the future.  Having private medical data offloaded from cruise line computer systems and away from general port check in staff is a sigh of relief for them.  And it is one and done for passengers.  Privacy is the law here and a serious issue.  

Prior to our cruise on the Horizon last week, I read a number of, exaggerated accounts of how, "amazing" VeriFLY was, and the "tons of time saved" during checkin. Having cruised a couple of times since the restart, with the checkin process of those cruises being some of the most efficient we'd seen since we started cruising, I was very doubtful of how much time was actually saved using VeriFLY, when of course it worked, or even was accepted by the agent checking someone in. We decided we'd give it a go anyway, but would have our docs in order as we had before just in case.

As others have mentioned, I spent a bit more time than anticipated getting VeriFLY to accept our test results. We tested using the emed/binax proctored home tests. Our results included QR codes that I expected I could scan into VeriFLY. Nope. Did find it curious that the recommended or accepted by Carnival home test was not one that VeriFLY accepted the QR  code certificate from. But I played around some to get VeriFLY to accept our tests results from the .pdf file provided after the test completion. Got all the green good to go, ready to sail status indications.

We got to the terminal, presented our passports and boarding passes (some of what I read prior made it sound like you needed nothing else other than VeriFLY when checking in) and VeriFLY status displayed. I will say checkin was pretty smooth and relatively quick, but not the amazing saving of time I read accounts of. Not to mention, after checkin, we still had to go through security, have our carry on's scanned etc. And then, waited in the terminal until boarding started. Guess I can't see the excitement of checking in quickly, only to still have to wait while the until the ship is ready to be boarded. Maybe it'd be more exciting if checking in once boarding started.

Anyway, all that to say our experience with VeriFLY was mostly good. Guess it still can get better, but I'd not avoid using it for future cruises or other travel that could require or ask for it,.