Celebrity Air promo 25% off - not being honored

whattodo

I booked Feb 2023 cruise the last week of April during promo 25% off cruise and air fares. I did not book air at that time because we needed to plan pre-cruse. I logged in yesterday to book flights, there was no discount. Called Celebrity Air, the rep said he could not find the code for 25% promo and even if there's a code, flights must be booked by 5/4/22. My cruise confirmation shows air savings and Always Included. I know air fares are based on time of booking. It does not sound right they won't honor 25% off the current air fares when the reservation includes this promo. Cruise confirmation does not show expiration of air booking date. Has anyone experienced this? 

15 minutes ago, whattodo said:

I booked Feb 2023 cruise the last week of April during promo 25% off cruise and air fares. I did not book air at that time because we needed to plan pre-cruse. I logged in yesterday to book flights, there was no discount. Called Celebrity Air, the rep said he could not find the code for 25% promo and even if there's a code, flights must be booked by 5/4/22. My cruise confirmation shows air savings and Always Included. I know air fares are based on time of booking. It does not sound right they won't honor 25% off the current air fares when the reservation includes this promo. Cruise confirmation does not show expiration of air booking date. Has anyone experienced this? 

Sometimes you have to take the discounts mentioned with a grain of salt, as the flights vary and the connection times can be very close.  I could get my own air for the same price, yet with better flights.  I loved booking through CA before Covid, but for my travels this year, Celebrity air is not offering biz class for my flights, so I was able to book with United.  The airlines dictate what CA can and cannot do and I find some of their agents a little confused at best.

24 minutes ago, whattodo said:

I did not book air at that time

24 minutes ago, whattodo said:

I know air fares are based on time of booking.

From the T&C's of the offer: 

Airfare Offer: Cruise and airfare must be booked March 1 - May 4, 2022 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to cruises departing May 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023, excluding Galapagos and Alaska Cruisetours (“Offer Cruise”). Offer provides 25% off market airfare rates per person, up to $300 USD, on flights purchased on Flights by Celebrity only (“Air Credit”). Air Credit applies to specified gateways and varies depending on departure and arrival gateways. All other gateways departing from the United States or Canada will receive a $100 per person air savings. Offer applies to all guests in the same stateroom in any category on an Offer Cruise. To redeem, guest must book Offer Cruise during the Offer Period on Celebritycruises.com or contact your travel professional and flights on FlightsbyCelebrity.com. Cruise booking number is required to purchase air travel.

The cruise and air are two separate reservations. You also weren't getting flat 25% off airfare either so there's a high likelihood that your bottom line price today is nearly the same as it would have been last week. The air also had to be booked through specific gateway cities to qualify, otherwise you got a $100 savings. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

6 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I have to take it with a grain of salt since we usually book cruises over a year out. It's almost impossible to book airfare that far out. 

Yes, and they know that.  I experienced something similar.  All cruise lines advertise these "sales" with conditions that make it tough to really get the discount promoted.