Mardi Gras sauna

1 minute ago, craigtompkins said:

Is the free sauna on the Mardi Gras coed?

Yes. It's located through a door in the rear of the Men's locker room and then to the left. It holds about 6 people comfortably, any more than it's too crowded. 

22 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Yes. It's located through a door in the rear of the Men's locker room and then to the left. It holds about 6 people comfortably, any more than it's too crowded. 

Thank you. I’m used to wearing just a towel in the sauna but I guess that’s not happening on this cruise. 

Carnival policy is that clothing is not optional in all saunas. Some ships have a tiny sauna in the locker rooms, and it might be look the other way day sometimes, policy is you must be clothed.

43 minutes ago, craigtompkins said:

Thank you. I’m used to wearing just a towel in the sauna but I guess that’s not happening on this cruise. 

TBH you can still do that as long your towel is properly secured and you're not exposing your genitals.

10 minutes ago, Moviela said:

Carnival policy is that clothing is not optional in all saunas. Some ships have a tiny sauna in the locker rooms, and it might be look the other way day sometimes, policy is you must be clothed.

If it's a single sex saunas and steam room I'm not wearing a bathing suit. It's ridiculous and no one cares if you're not doing anything improper. I've been on 22 carnival cruises and when using the steam and sauna rooms I would say the majority of MEN don't wear a bathing suit, at LEAST 75% don't. If you want to fine, But I'm going in those rooms with just a towel wrapped around my waist.  

I've seen men in their underwear go in a steam room. That's disgusting and unsanitary. 

Edited by kwokpot

Guest BasicSailor
16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If it's a single sex saunas and steam room I'm not wearing a bathing suit. It's ridiculous and no one cares if you're not doing anything improper. I've been on 22 carnival cruises and when using the steam and sauna rooms I would say the majority of MEN don't wear a bathing suit, at LEAST 75% don't. If you want to fine, But I'm going in those rooms with just a towel wrapped around my waist.  

I've seen men in their underwear go in a steam room. That's disgusting and unsanitary. 

A that's the main reason I avoid them.🤮🤢🤮

6 minutes ago, ChC said:

Maybe I am too relaxed and liberal.

Why would you say that? How old are you? I'm 60 and in grade school we all showered together in a big shower room in grade school Phys Ed. Back in the 50's it was compulsory to swim naked. 

https://medium.com/@Robbie.Mukai/swim-class-for-american-high-schoolers-was-required-naked-bebbc4a5ded7