If cancellation done after final payment, more than 30 days before sailing

HSBC

I made my booking through big warehouse travel agency in Canada.  I paid by credit card.

If cancellation done after final payment due to lower price and 60 days before sailing:

Would Princess refund my full payment amount to my credit card? Or Future Cruise Credit?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, HSBC said:

I made my booking through big warehouse travel agency in Canada.  I paid by credit card.

If cancellation done after final payment due to lower price and 60 days before sailing:

Would Princess refund my full payment amount to my credit card? Or Future Cruise Credit?

Thanks!

Cancellation penalty is on your travel summary in the cruise personalizer

Cruise  with Confidence 30 days before departure lays out requirements. I was asked if it was due to Covid concerns and got back my FCC with extended expiry dates.

• Like 2

Cruise with Confidence applies to the cancellation fees which will be set up as FCCs.  It applies to cruises within the specified timelines and full details are here:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cancellation-final-payment-policy/ .  As noted if you have Princess insurance and are cancelling for a specified fee you can get your cancellation fees back as $$.

The cancellation fees are determined based on the normal cancellation schedule:

image.png.0f9d9475e879a28108a4e23a89ed969b.png

image.png.624857ea1d74971ca9de2981852488d0.png

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 4:59 PM, HSBC said:

Thanks!

Did this for our Feb cruise.  Cancelled at 42 days out from sailing.

For a couple:   1 fare refunded to your credit card plus port fees/taxes.  1 fare refunded as a FCC good for 1 year.    The refund comes in real quick (we had our RBC card credited in 1 day, and released on the 2nd day).  FCC takes a while to come back, up to a month.

Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 2

Valiamo,

1 fare refunded to your credit card, is it because of Cruise with Confidence?

1 fare refunded as a FCC, is it because of the original payment was paid by FCC?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

As shown in post #3, the cancellation fee for cancelling 29-56 days out is 50%.  So if you cancel under Cruise with Confidence, each passenger will get 50% of their fare back on their credit card, and 50% as FCC.  Both will have the fees and taxes refunded to credit card.  Keep in mind that this applies only to cruises booked by 5/31/22 and departing by 9/30/22.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 3:59 PM, HSBC said:

Thanks!

Is your plan to cancel and rebook to get the lower price?

Hmmm. Taking a chance if so. What if the cabin you want (maybe the one you cancel isn't available)?

Might be better to try to get your TA to ask for the price reduction or some OBC...if you can get them to go to bat for you.

• Like 1

JF - retired RRT,

You're right, my plan is to cancel and rebook to get the lower price.

Big warehouse travel agency (Canada) may not do anything once after final payment.

Thanks for your advice!