Mattress Topper & DR Table Reservations?

RGEDad

Multiple previous cruises on other lines - But first cruise on NCL Upcoming in Late June (Alaska - Bliss). 2 Questions

1.) We like a very soft mattress and always get an Egg crate foam mattress topper - are these available on NCL (Bliss)? Reservable Pre-Cruise?

2.) I have several reservations for our party of 7, but can specific table be reserved (Manhattan DR) (We love to watch the open ocean while dining during dinner)?  If so - who is the contact email for a specific Cruise DR Manager

Thank You

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Multiple previous cruises on other lines - But first cruise on NCL Upcoming in Late June (Alaska - Bliss). 2 Questions

1.) We like a very soft mattress and always get an Egg crate foam mattress topper - are these available on NCL (Bliss)? Reservable Pre-Cruise?

2.) I have several reservations for our party of 7, but can specific table be reserved (Manhattan DR) (We love to watch the open ocean while dining during dinner)?  If so - who is the contact email for a specific Cruise DR Manager

Thank You

You can't reserve a table, they always put people by the window first but those tables wont take 7, they might be able to push some together if you ask for a sea view and are wiling to wait. The big tables are in the centre of the Manhattan which is where a group of 7 would probably be seated unless you request something different.

56 minutes ago, RGEDad said:

Thank You

We were on the Pearl 4/8-4/15 and requested an egg-crate foam mattress topper and received one with no problems. You would just ask your steward to put one on the bed.Don't think you can reserve one pre-cruise.

• Like 1

yes on egg crates.  i was on NCL Joy last week and the sofa turned single bed was so uncomfy that I asked for two, yes, two egg crates on top and had the steward leave it open for the rest of the cruise.

You can book for as many people under your name (I booked for 6) but when on the restaurant, they'll take the cards of the other rooms.

4 hours ago, RGEDad said:

Thank You

Yes to the egg crate topper, and you do not need to reserve them ahead of time. Just ask your cabin steward; if you don't see them before the evening turndown service, call housekeeping. I find NCL's mattresses to be too hard, so that topper is essential!

FYI, they do have toppers that fit the smaller Studio cabin beds, thank goodness.

I just disembarked from my 3rd cruise on Bliss, love that ship so much... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

but when on the restaurant, they'll take the cards of the other rooms.

For the MDR - only the first night.  Once you've dined with people once they'll have it in the computer that you dine together and ask if the other room(s) are with you.  On my last cruise I started dining on the second night with some people I met on the first day, after the first time we dined together cards for both rooms were not needed except in specialty venues, they simply asked if both cabins were there.

18 hours ago, NYFirstTimeCruiser said:

You can book for as many people under your name (I booked for 6) but when on the restaurant, they'll take the cards of the other rooms.

You can book for as many people as you want, regardless of what is under your name or not. In September I'm sailing with just 2 in our cabin. My folks are in a separate unlinked reservation, and a friend of mine is traveling solo - also as a separate unlinked reservation.

We're in Haven, so reservations have opened up for us - I had no problem booking tables for 6 (they won't let you do odd numbers) for all of our specialty restaurants. 

As for dining by the windows.... yeah, there is no table big enough to fit a group of 7 by the windows unless you pair off in 2 tables of 4 I suppose. And even then I think they keep the 2 tops closest to the windows.

It also depends on your cabin and the ship... if you're in Haven, reach out to the concierge now and sometimes with advanced notice they can do wonders.

50 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

And even then I think they keep the 2 tops closest to the windows.

The Joy had 4-tops against the aft windows in the Manhattan Room in March..